Another Ebay scam for a DP?

laalves

Established Member
Reaction score
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
No way of working out what it is from the beautifully low-res picture,and as you say,virtually no feedback,and that from 2 persons dealing in lighters and other such trinkets.

Interesting....just might be....couldnt make the description from the rotten pic on the new sale ad.

He responded to my first email regards a buy now option (£2k) but hasn't responded to anymore of my emails regards age & serial No. etc., too risky for me especially a very low rater with no other high end sales etc...

well, Græsted is just outside of Copenhagen... if you need a black DAB'd DP :) might be worth a try

I'm one of the (low feedback) bidders and I'm also waiting for some answers from the seller, hope its not a scam! I have a four hour drive from the sellers location.

if i overbid you would you pick it up for me :D
just kidding, even though second one would be cool

In all fairness, I have to say he has replied satisfactorily. I'm now bidding on it.

Luis

Owning one of these i am reasonably sure that version 4.31 (which is the version i run on) is useless if you do not have the PL2x licence.
IIRC those of us who had new units from the earliest days had to buy the licence and were advised not to use 4.31 until bought.
I am sure more official members will correct as necessary.
Would seem strange if above is correct.

Miron said:

He responded to my question and states that the PLIIx and Dolby Headphone is NOT enabled, but according to the previous ebay listing (see quoted link above) PLIIx is enabled and Dolby Headphone is not. This is consistent with version 4.31.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Luis, sorry to see you were outbid. Just out of interest, I hope it ended up in the hands of a Forum user!

Kevinc said:
Luis, sorry to see you were outbid. Just out of interest, I hope it ended up in the hands of a Forum user!

Thanks KevinC. I didn't stand a chance since, due to a stupid coincidence, I moved to a new place on Tuesday and lost the ISP service for a couple of days.... otherwise, I would have been there, sniping at the last second....

Next one to surface on Ebay is going to be MINE!

Luis

Luis, sorry to see you were "out of competition". If it is any consolation: I will take good care of it. ;)

Congratulations.
As it seems you'll need a good power amp next :)

Miron said:
Congratulations.
As it seems you'll need a good power amp next :)
I have one in mind, the MPS-1 from av123.com. It might be too 'uncolored' though (see review). Any current owners who would like to comment?

My Arcam dvd-player will probably solve any 'lack of timbre' problems for cd's and dvd's.

I do not know, just think about having 7 coolers inside your amp :confused:
It is maybe not coloured but it will certainly introduce few dBs of hum into your room.

Miron said:
I do not know, just think about having 7 coolers inside your amp :confused:
It is maybe not coloured but it will certainly introduce few dBs of hum into your room.
If I remember correctly the reviewer didn't mention how loud he played during his testing. Furthermore his speakers were quite demanding (Genesis 6.1). My Rockets are an amazingly steady 6 Ohms. ;)

Ettepet said:
Luis, sorry to see you were "out of competition". If it is any consolation: I will take good care of it. ;)

Indeed a pity.... :rolleyes:

Do tell us how the transaction works out. Because of the strange things around this sale, I had asked for the possibility of a escrow service, and the seller agreed. I believe that would cost 65US$.

Luis

Congratulations Ettepet ! Just so you know, if the AV32R you just bought is the one I sold to him before (the previous ebay auction from Artamys) and if he took care of it, it should be in perfect condition (one can say "as new"). It should also have PLIIx activated. For history, this processor has been a little part of the software development at TAG as I was the beta tester "in charge" of the french translation :) .
Take care of "my" baby.

Emmanuel said:
Congratulations Ettepet ! Just so you know, if the AV32R you just bought is the one I sold to him before (the previous ebay auction from Artamys) and if he took care of it, it should be in perfect condition (one can say "as new"). It should also have PLIIx activated. For history, this processor has been a little part of the software development at TAG as I was the beta tester "in charge" of the french translation :) .
Take care of "my" baby.
Thanks for this bit of info, Emmanuel, it is highly appreciated! ;)

I was already wondering who that original French owner was. :)

The Danish seller referred to it "as new", it should arrive soon. I hope it can replace my Pioneer AX10, which would be a hard feat (functionality- and comfort-wise). The Pioneer will be sorely missed. Might keep it as an extra.. lol :D

Yesterday morning it arrived!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Immediately discovered a bug, :D, which since then I have been trying to mail to Stevesky (but his mailbox is full). When playing DTS2496 on a 4.1 speaker system I get serious distortion, not so on a 5.1 setting. Since discovering the delights of not using a center speaker I very much hope it can be fixed. :lease:

For the rest it has worked like a charm, making even Lynni Treekrem's Haugtussa sound wonderful. And that is using my Pioneer AX10 as a power amp. Truly a mean feat!!! :thumbsup: (for both the Tag and the Pioneer)

I haven't had time to test and dial-in everything yet, but I am positive sofar.

I had hoped to enjoy my Region 3 version of Phantom of the Opera (DTS 24/96) to its fullest, but it seems that has to wait. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom