Another Ebay help thread

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So long story short:

i purchased a turtle beach wireless headset as a birthday present for my nephew back in sep 2016. He's been having trouble with them intermittently whereby they wouldnt turn on, have to force shutdown and then they'd be ok again. Come mid Dec the headset is now completely dead. It charges ok as the red light comes on when I plug the headset to charge but they just dont turn on.

I contacted the seller bottom end of dec and explained the problem saying that I believed the item had an intermittent fault and as its failed after less than 3 months I would like to know how they could help. It's been 3 weeks and I havent heard nothing from them. Today I contacted Ebay who said as the purchase was outside their 30 days I would have to contact Paypal who i paid through. Contacted Paypal who said they do not refund for faulty items and bounced me back to Ebay or said I could try a chargeback from my bank.

Can anyone advise what else i could try/do as surely you wouldnt expect an headset to fail so quickly. Is it worth trying the chargeback as I thought that was only if you paid via credit card which i didnt. Cosmetically the headset is in fantastic condition, not a mark or bump on it so I'm sure its not been abused at any point.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Saf

These are the heaphones (this is NOT the seller I bought them off of though, just a random ebay listing)

TURTLE BEACH EARFORCE XP400 RF WIRELESS SURROUND SOUND GAMING HEADSET XBOX PS3 | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Was it a Private Sale or a Business Seller?

Turtle Beach have an office In Darlington. Maybe worth contacting them if you need help with parts or repairs? I know this because they replaced a damaged cable for me a couple of years back and when the postie showed up to my office with said cable he told me they were around the next block at Lingfield Point lol

The next steps would depend on whether it's a business seller or private, and whether they're new or used. Either way I'd consider contacting Turtle Beach, I've always found their customer service to be excellent.

It's a business seller with a shed load of trades behind them and very good feedback 99% plus so I'm surprised at the lack of response. I'll try and get in touch with the Darlington branch and see if I have any luck. Thanks

How do you fund your PayPal account?

I have my credit card linked to mine and PayPal payments all go through that card.

I do this purposely as if there are ever problems such as yours then you have the protection offered by your credit card issuer.

I know in your OP you've mentioned your bank so it probably went straight out of your bank account. Even so, they should offer the same sort of protection.

Might be a route you can go down?

How do you fund your PayPal account?

I have my credit card linked to mine and PayPal payments all go through that card.

I do this purposely as if there are ever problems such as yours then you have the protection offered by your credit card issuer.

I know in your OP you've mentioned your bank so it probably went straight out of your bank account. Even so, they should offer the same sort of protection.

Might be a route you can go down?

Yes mate I have my debit card linked to my PP account so will contact bank and see if they can help.

Tbh and I may be way off in which case I'll readjust my expectations but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly eBay have washed their hands of this, I would have thought they could help a bit more as in try and get in touch with the seller but no.

Maybe I'm expecting too much

Saf

Yes mate I have my debit card linked to my PP account so will contact bank and see if they can help.

Tbh and I may be way off in which case I'll readjust my expectations but I'm a bit surprised at how quickly eBay have washed their hands of this, I would have thought they could help a bit more as in try and get in touch with the seller but no.

Maybe I'm expecting too much

Saf

I don't think your expectations are off.

I'd feel exactly the same in your situation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom