Another eBay 0 feedback thread...

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Me again. I've just sold a football shirt (which is sold out) on eBay, through the Global Shipping Programme, to someone in Singapore with 0 feedback and joined in 2020.

I'm annoyed at myself for not putting UK only to be honest, but completely forgot - I'm slightly worried about this one - any advice or do I just cancel and refund!

Thanks,

Jack

Hi all,

Me again. I've just sold a football shirt (which is sold out) on eBay, through the Global Shipping Programme, to someone in Singapore with 0 feedback and joined in 2020.

I'm annoyed at myself for not putting UK only to be honest, but completely forgot - I'm slightly worried about this one - any advice or do I just cancel and refund!

Thanks,

Jack
I sold an expensive item on Friday and freaked out when I saw it was going to Finland, via Lichfield.

Completely forgot to select Uk shipping only but the buyer checks out and has solid feedback. I can’t really see what grounds you have to cancel the sale as you are sending it within the UK and then eBay take care of the rest and I’m assuming liability for carriage etc

Don't ebay check global shopping orders when they repack them and send abroad?

I would not personally feel comfortable with that and just cancel and refund.

I've never had a problem with GSP. Once the item gets to the GSP sorting centre Ebay takes liability for delivery. I don't allow Ebayers with less than 10 positive feedback to bid but it's a bit late for that.

I'm not necessarily worried about it not being delivered, but rather any claims that could be made against me (item not as described etc), with the buyer having zero feedback. I've messaged them asking where they live, so I'll see if it matches up etc.

Many of my relatives are Singaporean - on the whole, I'd trust a Singaporean over a Brit when being concerned about being rolled over. They live in such a tight rule-based society, most of their population would never consider ripping someone off, it's just not in their nature.

There are always exceptions though....

Not defending my opinion. I can appreciate what you are saying but with eBay being a well established trading platform for 20+ years any user with zero feedback leaves me feeling weary of the situation.
Would the value of the item alter your opinion?

Never had an issue with GSP. It takes the hassle out of it, as long as you have tracking to the UK centre, the rest is up to eBay.

I do make it clear in bold on my listings that it is not down to me what postage eBay charge them as I had a few moaning why they were being charged such huge shipping costs.

Not defending my opinion. I can appreciate what you are saying but with eBay being a well established trading platform for 20+ years any user with zero feedback leaves me feeling weary of the situation.
Would the value of the item alter your opinion?
No, I’ve got a >£350 phone going to Finland so I guess we’ll see. I charged £8.95 delivery to their distribution centre and ebay charged an extra £30.00 i think to get it over there.

I've had zero problems shipping abroad, China, Japan, Germany, and the USA. Most of my problem have been withing the UK, sadly.

I too have sold a lot via global shipping. I have had zero issues.
Most important, send to the shipping centre tracked and insured. Also take plenty of pics of your packaged item before you send it as proof. After that it's down to them.

Pitney Bowes in the USA got a really bad rep a few years back. They handle the forwarding over there. But they were opening parcels, removing excess packaging and resealing them to save on shipping costs. Then stuff started getting damaged and the shit hit the fan. I think ebay has since clamped down on that.

I too have sold a lot via global shipping. I have had zero issues.
Most important, send to the shipping centre tracked and insured. Also take plenty of pics of your packaged item before you send it as proof. After that it's down to them.

Pitney Bowes in the USA got a really bad rep a few years back. They handle the forwarding over there. But they were opening parcels, removing excess packaging and resealing them to save on shipping costs. Then stuff started getting damaged and the sh*t hit the fan. I think ebay has since clamped down on that.
I did this and have already sent the pics over to the buyer showing packaged weights on my scales, staged pics through the packaging process and a photo of the tracking number.

Took 5 minutes at most to cover off most eventualities

Hi all,

Thanks,

Jack

If the buyer has paid they have held up their side of the deal so you should hold up your end and post the item. Everybody was a new member with 0 feedback once upon a time.

That surely cannot be allowed? It wouldn't be in ebays interests to allow that.

It used to be but now the requirements for minimum standards are much more lax. It’s very easy to just not use the global programme or sell outside the uk. In this case though, you messed up, the buyer didn’t send the item.

It used to be but now the requirements for minimum standards are much more lax. It’s very easy to just not use the global programme or sell outside the uk. In this case though, you messed up, the buyer didn’t send the item.

You've lost me I'm afraid? Who messed up and buyers don't send items. :)

I no longer sell on Ebay due to to many scammers although when i did i neither sold to or bought from abroad ,its just the fact that many items due get lost or suffer extensive delays. In the current climate even postage within the UK has delivery issues.

Mmmm, tricky one.

I have over 1500 feedback on eBay, and I've never had a charge-back, and only one lost item which I think was lost by Hermes.
That said, I have sometimes refused to send overseas if the items are hard to pack, and to countries where there seemed to be delivery problems, like Spain at one time. Although I did once send a clavichord to Portugal and that went OK.

But would I ship an expensive item to a zero buyer overseas... hmmm

What bugs me in the Feedback line, is the number of buyers who can't be bothered to leave me feedback. I'd say about 60% don't. So I have far more feedback as a buyer, and relatively little as a seller.

Anyway, back to the shirt.... where I've had issues buying or selling, eBay have always backed me and I've never been put of pocket. You have the photos of the item, and via GSP the delivery is not your problem.
I could afford to lose a few hundred, so it's easy for me to say 'send it', perhaps not so much for you.
So, what I think, if losing the money would be a big deal, say sorry to the buyer and relist.

RR

Last edited:
i actually don't mind selling through GSP. i think it's one of the safer ways for sellers as all you're responsible for is tracking the item to ebays uk forwarder. theres been two instances when i sold high value items through GSP that had issues which was covered by ebay. first i sold a watch worth £750 which had its final destination to lithuania and the seller had zero feedback. the buyer filed an item not received and ebay reimbursed them with no repercussions to me. second time i sold a collectible star wars lightsaber at £200 to an australian buyer which arrived damaged. again ebay refunded them and no cost incurred to me.

however i have had issues with their click and collect option when buyers don't pick up the item (presumably decided no longer wanting them) and it gets returned to me and ebay charges me for that. thus i no longer have this as an option.

Why should the buyer be let down?

Absolutley is happened to me recently, when after some very valued advice on here i did on an LG C6 and won the auction, the seller never sent his infomation for collection as i believed he was gutted at the sum of my winning bid. After one excuse and another i filled in the resolution centre with ebay and all his sales listings the were up disapeared. Rightly so, if you ain't gonna play buy the rules don't enter the game!

Needless to say i picked one up, at nearly double what my winning bid was though but wow, the 3D(which i bought it for knocks the socks off my Sony W905 which i thought was good !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom