1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another E30 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TommyVecetti, Mar 14, 2003.

1. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    :cool:

Happily been using my E30 for about a month now. Just wondered what peoples views were on the picture recording modes 'fine' and 'normal'.

I'm confused about them.

I've used both and don't reckon I can notice any difference at all? The manual says use 'normal' when recording noisey pictures (from VHS maybe?). but leave it on 'fine' most of the time. I would have thought that 'normal' mode would be called 'normal' because that is what you'd use 'normally' most of the time. But fine mode is the norm, apparently.

So does anybody with an E30 have a view on these modes? I'd be greatful for your thoughts, incase I'm missing something.

Thanks

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been wondering the same thing. Sometimes I find the pq a bit washed out looking, and thought changing this may help, but no luck.

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do not notice much of a difference, I thought it probably would only be an issue for plasma screen owners

4. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks. :cool: I suppose the only way to really find out is to record a really noisey picture, but thats not likely to happen.

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi TommyVecetti. I agree the Panny logic in their "Normal" wording is a bit of a puzzle.

As for the difference between the settings. I have some really rubbishy grainy tapes and for that reason have left it set on "Normal" If it's not my imagination "because I am expecting it" I do detect that my grainy tapes do come out better on the "Normal" settings. However (Normal tapes):D I detect no difference whatever setting I use. Does that sound normal:laugh:

6. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    :D

Yeah it's a mystery. It must work better for archiving VHS.:D