Another dimension?

sub routine

Lightpack

Found this whilst looking about the internet. Bias lighting is something i would maybe consider to bring a bit more out my budget benq W1070. This seems like a nice compromise to just add a little more depth to the whole experience.
Not the easiest to apply on a screen but I have a painted my wall at the moment anyway. With a MDF screen raised slightly off the wall and this sytem attached on the back of a black border it could be a winner, especially for games. I find myself turning a few lights on after an hour or so`s gaming just to give the eyeballs a help.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acW9HluHcY&feature=player_embedded"]Lightpack 6 [FullHD][/ame]

sub routine

According to the FAQ`s you should be able to link them in series with the last connected box operating all as the controller. So the size would theoretically be limitless i presume?

I also like the idea of something like the rasberry PI controlling it all.

Dan L

Pretty cool.

sub routine

for fun? Just cause? A whole heap or reasons I suppose, i liked the look of it personally. Especially in the games department. I read somewhere that the new xbox was going to be shipped with a system which produced a similar effect, we`ll soon see.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Bias lighting is usually only recommended for direct view tv, and can have a detrimental effect on image quality if used in a projector set up, so if you go down that route, it'll need some careful setting up.

Gary

sub routine

ta, was aware of the benefits of bias for tvs but never read anything about it regarding PJs. :) I had the idea of mahcine gun fire splashing about the room with this and it made me smile, doubt i`ll be attempting anything like this in the near future though. Just thought i`d share for mild interest.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom