1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another dead AE100 :-(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Der_Pobman, May 4, 2002.

1. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well picked it up last Wednesday, and its dead already. 17 hours on the clock, the light flashes on and off and the unit makes a nasty pulsating sizing noise. :-(

The unit will come on at first, for a few minutes, but all the time it is on the light flashes.

THe PJ was made April 2002, so does not look like these newer units are any better than the older ones.

I can only hope AV-Sales have one to replace it soon!

Regards

Der Pobman

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is getting ridiculous, mine now has 50hrs on and it's been fine but I'm finding myself just waiting for the inevitable now! Here's hoping I'm one of the lucky ones..

Andy

3. Der_Pobman

Der_Pobman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I would not mind, but I was supposed to be taking it back to Russia with me in 10 days time. If I cant get it replaced before then I will have to wait until August before I can pick up a replacement!!! Having now seen my Dreamcast and DVDs on such a huge screen waiting until August will be awful!

Regards

Der Pobman

4. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Mine just died too - I've posted the gory details over in the main "Who owns the Panasonic...?" thread.

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

5. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried lowering the temperature of the room by a few degrees? It's worth a try isn't it?

Tor Arne

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would be good if that was all that was needed to resolve these problems, but I think not :(

The temp sensors will increase the fan speed if things are getting a little hot (not the sensors, but the monitoring circuit!), & shut the unit down if it gets near meltdown.

Looks like either a PSU problem (likely), or a weakness on the bulb circuit.

Surprising why Panasonic haven't resolved this in the latest batch of units:confused:

I'm begining to think a dead pixel in the hand is better than a red LED of death in the bush:D

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aaaargh! So the sword of Damocles is hanging over us all. I just hope Panasonic will deliver when the time comes. (and it looks as though it will)

8. avguyworld

avguyworld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turning on/off a pj reduces the life of a lamp.
    Its best to keep it on stand by and not turning of when leaving it for a short break.

If it continues then the balast for the lamp needs repairing