1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another crossover thread

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Stellavision, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I know we've done crossover stuff before but I have this queery regarding my own personal setup.
    I've just changed my 2011 crossover from 80hz to 50hz.
    After just watching the Matrix I was pretty happy with the integration between mains and sub.
    My Mission M74i's have a frquency responce down to 44hz (acording to Mission) so this theoretically should make a nice overlap from fronts to sub.
    However, my M7D's only go down to 75hz; so does this then restrict me to a 80hz crossover point, or is it unlikely that surround channels would be given significantly low frequency's in the mix?

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The problems of integrating front and rear speakers with differing frequency responses are pretty well documented.....in general,it's probably best to set the x-over frequency to suit the poorer of the 2 sets of speakers,and this may result in better overall integration.
    Also,the manufacturer's published frequency response may run to some fairly wide limits.
    Best way is to spend some time and try both,and see which sounds best to you.