• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Another CR100 remote code needed.............

rping

Standard Member
By any chance, does your player just flash "HD DVD" on its display when you programmed the CR100 to work with it? I have a remote for an older Toshiba DVD player and tried to use it to control my player and receive the same message as with the Arcam remote.

I've read other places that people are having trouble programming universal remotes to work with Toshiba's HD-DVD player line. Even a Toshiba brand universal remote, go figure...

trailer

Prominent Member
With one of the Toshiba codes I tried, I think it was "0533" the display did do that with certain buttons. Other codes were just not compatible.

I guess I'll have just have to go through the individual buttons procedure.

brianmcdermott2

Established Member
I can't get my standard definition DVD player (SOny DVP NS76H) working using either the codes or the Library search.

Anybody had any problems with Sony DVD Players, if so, anyone got any advice on how to fix.

Cheers,
Brian

proux

Established Member
Anyone had any joy with CR80 (which I have) or CR100 (which I might get) and Toshiba EP-35? I am also getting nothing, or flashing HD-DVD.

The Nevo is just a touch on the expensive side I am afraid...:rolleyes:

proux

Established Member
Looking at the rest of the kit in your signature, why is it so hard to justify the expense of a sophisticated remote to operate it all?

Because I want to buy a power amp instead... and I still worry my wife won't get to grips with a flashy remote and will carry on digging up the old ones!

Falp

Established Member
Isn't the CR100 a learning remote?

junipers

Established Member
it's just a bit tedious teaching it all the commands one by one.

Yes, I did that for my Sony RDR-HXD860 DVD recorder using "DVD", but now I have a DV29, so I plan to reset the CR100 so that "DVD" controls the DV29. Then I will have to manually assign Sony functions to another source button on the CR100 e.g. "AUX"...
Alternatively, I could try and get the DV29 to work using "CD" (since I no longer have a CD player). Does anyone know how I could get the CR100 to control the DV29 that way? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom