Another courier thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dj_padd, Aug 16, 2013.

1. dj_padd

dj_padd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    The other half ordered some stuff from 24studio.co.uk.

At about 2.30pm the other half tracked the delivery to be told it had been left in an out building at 1.30pm.

We don't have any out buildings and we were both at home and no one tried calling. (We have checked with neighbours but they don't have anything)

The delivery company was Hermes.

The other half has phoned 24studio to say that we hadn't received the order and that we don't have any out buildings for it to be left in. 24studio also said that they cant contact the delivery company to ask where it was sent to.
    Instead they are sending us a missing parcel claim form to fill in and return to them as the parcel had been 'delivered'.

Is there anything else we can do apart from wait for this claim form?

2. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Nothing, 24studio deal my hermes.
    My Hermes did that with me, they even forged my signature. Even misspelled my last name.
    Unfortunately the eBay seller had to resend at her expense and my Hermes denied the claim saying I signed for it. I was out the country at the time of this signature.

3. phillyd1981

phillyd1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    It is down to the company to chase up not you. Was the payment made by credit card?!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

4. phillyd1981

phillyd1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    The drivers for my hames are all subcontracted and use thire own vehicles.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

5. Genco user

Genco user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just been informed that my tuner Sansui tu317 is being sent by Hermes :eek: or Herpes as I call them.

6. dj_padd

dj_padd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Good luck:eek:

7. bluedroog

bluedroog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,409
    I wish for the life of me I could remember which one it was but I can't but I was appalled by their service. Package arrived at work, it has a hand written address on it obviously done by the sender and then a printed one I assume was done in the office by the courier. The two addresses didn't match! They had one common word and had the same postal area for the first but tother than that they were very different places a few miles apart.

Since it had our address too I opened it enough to check what it was on the off chance it was a recycled packaging but it was a jigsaw puzzle so clearly a present for a child.

I phoned the courier company customer service which just rang out for about two minutes before anyone picked up, told them we had been delivered it in error and none ever contacted us again or came to pick it up. After two weeks we just posted it our selfs.

8. Genco user

Genco user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    After emailing the sender, I have been told they were mistaken and it is being sent by Parcelforce and not Hermes:clap:. I got a tracking number and it has now moved to the National Hub (in Coventry?) at 1:25 this morning. I sighed with relief as I trust the post. Hopefully it won't be long now.
    I used to drool over these in the 1970s in department stores so some poor person got one with traces of my drool on their shiny new unit back then :D.

9. Genco user

Genco user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

10. Genco user

Genco user
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Update; I got an email saying my tuner was not sent by courier but by Royal mail and it arrived safely this morning!:clap::clap::clap: I was so on the alert to make sure I heard him that I opened the door as he knocked on next door's door!:laugh:
    The guy who delivered my parcel asked me if there was new people next door as he didn't recognise the name on their parcel. When I told him I didn't think so, he didn't leave it in case, which I thought was good as it'll not get into the wrong hands.
    Now all I need is the bulbs that go in the signal and tuning meters. I just hope they're not too hard to access or change.