Another confused fella: sub for hi-fi AND AV

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Craig, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Craig

Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Synopsis; can I use one sub for two tasks, and how ?

I use my system almost equally (in terms of enjoyment, at least) for 2 channel music and movies. On the music side I am pretty happy (although am starting to realise that my Kandy DVD, good though it is, is being shown up by the B&W's)

However, on the AV front, the B&W's are struggling a little with movies, and I know I am missing out on a lot of the 'slam factor'

I'm getting around to thinking about a sub but my concern is that, whilst I am mainly thinking of it for AV purposes, can I use one sub for use in both my 2 channel and my 5.1 setup, and how?

EDIT:

For music, I use the Kandy as the main amp
    For AV I use the Kandy amp as a slave to the Yamaha to drive the fronts

Thus, I am not concerned about WHICH sub to chose.

I am interested in whether I can / should connect both my main speakers and the sub-pre out from my Yamaha into the sub?

2. Craig

Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Don't all rush at once, eh? ;)

Anyway, thanks to some wonderful help and advice from BK - and some less than wonderful help and advice from other manufacturers - I am going for a BK 200

No doubt I will appear again on the forum when it comes to setting the bugger up