1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another cdwow question- pls help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Ewan, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    A friend told me to use cdwow http://www4.cd-wow.net/index.php
    in Sweden becuase if it's shipped from sweden there are no customs vat etc. Is this true? I live in the UK

Sorry for asking a stupid question-but I'm not sure!

Ewan

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Ewan - I have ordered a couple of boxsets from CDWOW (like The Beatles Anthology) and they came from CDWOW in Sweden for some reason even though I ordered through the main .com site
    No customs on any of these sets & they guarantee this (I emailed them prior to my first boxset)
    The only thing I would mention is they must strap them to a sledge as the postage takes ages (nearly 2 weeks!) from Sweden so be prepared for a wait ... Paul ;)

3. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Not sure about the above response as things have changed this year. The stuff I ordered over £18 always seemed to come from sweden, but my copy of buffy 5 still got stung for customs.

I don't think cdwow refund this charge anymore, because they now put warnings on th site before you buy. You might want to email them for an update on their current policy.

4. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Mind you, if your site is right and it comes from in the EU, then buffy 7 is available for about £47.00 at dollar ex rates.