Another Biplar/Dipolar Thread

Stellavision

I am thinking of a slight change with my surround speakers. At present I have Mission M7Ds on the side wall and the same on the back wall, which of course are all Bipolar. In films with heavy EX soundtracks like ATOTC I find the rear surround field possibly a little muddy. Would Dipolar sides create a better effect while keeping my Bipolar rears?
Monopoles are not really an option because my sofa is against the back wall. I have searched and read similar topics of this type of scenario but I have gained inconclusive thoughts to help my own setup.
I am thinking of replacing my side M7DS with WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 18 DFS. Are these any good?

Cheers

Stellavision

I'm now a little confused.
Superfi advertise the Wharfdale Diamond 18 DFS as Dipole (see HERE
and Wharfdale advertise them as being Bipoles (See HERE
:confused:
I am going to assume Superfi have got it wrong.

Ian J

Banned
I used to have the same as you with M7DS against the side walls and a settee tight against the wall so I didn't bother with 7.1 at all. It was suggested that in ceiling rear speakers could be the answer but it seemed like too much effort.

I eventually changed the M7DS for M&K K4 Tripoles which improved the soundstaging no end as not only were they a better tonal match to my front speakers but they are also far better speakers in their own right.

T

Toekiller

Originally posted by Ian J
I used to have the same as you with M7DS against the side walls and a settee tight against the wall so I didn't bother with 7.1 at all. It was suggested that in ceiling rear speakers could be the answer but it seemed like too much effort.

I eventually changed the M7DS for M&K K4 Tripoles which improved the soundstaging no end as not only were they a better tonal match to my front speakers but they are also far better speakers in their own right.
Where did you place them?

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Toekiller
Where did you place them?
My rear speakers are on the side walls at a height of about 7.5 feet and firing across the seating position

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom