1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another bi-wiring/amping question...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dudemeister, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Dudemeister

Dudemeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay this is the deal:
    I have a Yamaha RX-V596RDS reciever, which has A and B front speaker outputs.
    My frontspeakers are Yamaha NS-300.
    My centre is Yamaha NS-C300. And my surroundspeakers are Yamaha NS-100, and a Yamaha YST-SW320 sub. All these speakers except for the sub has bi-wiring capabilities, but what if I was to bi-amp my frontspeakers with the A and B pair from my reciever, would that make a good/bad difference? And more specifically what difference could I expect?

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    First of all I must disappoint you and say that you cannot biamp from the A and B terminal. Connecting two runs of speaker cable would result in biwiring only as there is still only one amplification stage per channel (ie A and B speaker share the same power amp).
    Some people claim even biwiring makes a difference and I will leave it to you to figure out if it's true ...

BTW: Biwiring a sub would really be a bit exaggerated, besides I would recommend to connect it via line level (RCA/phono) only since it's an AV setup.

3. Dudemeister

Dudemeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well since Im not completely familiar with all the terms, I might not have used them properly regarding biwir/biamp.
    So you are telling me I can't use both A and B or is it that if I do it will only be bi-wiring? And if I use that would it not make any difference at all?

4. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    don't bother. instead use your speakers b output to drive a set of speakers in another room.

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can use A and B but it will result in biwiring only.
    It should improve the sound, the opinions about this are however very much divided.
    Yes, it does - no, it doesn't ... [​IMG]

Try it out and then YOU tell US! (Seriously)

6. Dudemeister

Dudemeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will do this and get back with a "full" report on the matter. [​IMG]