• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

another benq w100 issue

north3rn lad

Standard Member
Hi guys after having my benq w100 for just over a month before xmas fitted with a new bulb everything was fine until xmas day when i wanted to watch my new dvds. there was a low pitch squeak briefly then the unit shut down rebooted and the lamp light came on. this annoyed me as id only had 20-30 hours use out of it. luckily it was under warrenty so thinking this was the fault I sent it off and the new one has arrived today - installed it and the same thing happens :mad: unit powers up squeaks then shuts down lamp doesnt even light up then the lamp light comes on? the squeak appears to come from behind the lens?!

any ideas guys before theres a benq w100 for spares or repairs

(the projector itself was second hand and worked without a hitch til that fateful evening)

regards

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom