1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another AV32R BP192 7.1 SP question

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Bolle, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well, after sleeping a night on it (see my thread with a question about PLIIx on a 7.1 SP) I've more or less decided to get a new AV32R BP192 7.1 SP.

The shop is now asking my if I want to add the DTS ES Discrete & NEO:6 sofware options for 150 pounds. As I don't see myself moving from a 5.1 to 7.1 setup in this year, I don't see a need for this right now. The reason I'm getting a 7.1 is as they are the same price as the 5.1, I get the action switches, and I'm somewhat more prepared to go to a 7.1 configuration when the time comes.

The questions I have are:
    -I believe all the units in the current TAG stock clearance came with all software options installed? Can anyone who has got an 7.1 SP tell me if DTS ES Discrete & NEO:6 was included?
    -As I've been spending enough on new A/V gear the last months, I would like to delay getting the DTS ES Discrete & NEO:6 (if not installed) to the moment I'm going to a 7.1 setup. I believe the DTS ES Discrete & NEO:6 is a software option that can be actived remotely through a code, or does it require a visit to the dealer?

Thanks in advance for the answers,
    Menno

2. bananas

bananas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Menno
    I've recently bought a new av32r bp192 sp 7.1 and it indeed does NOT have the DTS-ES activated. There is a menu option within the av32r set up menus that you can see what options have been installed, and for ME, the DTS-ES was not activated.

I contacted IAG helpdesk and was quoted £129 to get the DTS-ES discreet and NEO:6 software option.
    Its a job that can be completed over the phone and you'll need to give them your payment details..its simply a matter
    of them generating a code that is unique to your machine.

I have just a 5.1 system at the moment, but in the future im sure ill move to 7.1, so I probably won't bother with the
    DTS activation just yet.

I was going to start a thread on this myself, but now I can join in on this one to get some good feedback :)

3. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just out of interest I have the AV32 192 7.1 SP unit that I am selling for GBP500, and I'm coming to England next week, so could bring it with me

It's in perfect condition and is three years old - also has the 5.1 bypass, PLII and Neo 6 included.

Anyone inerested?

4. cuscus

cuscus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Yes please

5. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Ai ai ai Caleb,

sweet deal! Too bad I just paid Sevenoaks already for a new one. Ah well, nice to buy a new piece of equipment for a change....

Cheers,
    Menno

6. bushy30

bushy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Caleb,

Very very interested, let me know when you're around !

Bushy
    (ps don't think we should be doing this here!)