Another AV Sender thread

rossglass

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have searched the net but can't find a similar issue.

I recently bought a Nikkai 5.8ghz sender/receiver to share my sat box to another room. The tv with the sat box is mounted on a chimney breast with the receiving tv in the next room (behind the chimney), about 6-7 metres apart. After a lot of tweaking the antennas and channels, the best signal I get is narrow horizontal lines on the screen. Just to add, I disabled 5ghz wireless on my router in case that was causing interference, as it is right behind the receiving TV.

I think the chimney is the cause of this, so I was thinking of buying an extra long scart-composite and power plug and putting the sender in the loft to see if that solves it. Only thing is the scarts are labelled 'sender' and 'receiver', so that must be for good reason.

Does anyone know how to know what scart-composite to look for, or can anyone recommend an easier solution? I had looked at Slingbox but I don't think that will work as the router is not at the TV with sat box.

Thanks

The tv with the sat box is mounted on a chimney breast with the receiving tv in the next room (behind the chimney), about 6-7 metres apart.
Jeez, just how thick is your chimney breast?

lol - I meant the room is behind the chimney, not the second TV. The TV is at the far side of the room 6-7 metres from one TV to another.

Hi

The tv with the sat box is mounted on a chimney breast with the receiving tv in the next room (behind the chimney), about 6-7 metres apart.

That really is some chimney breast! :D

Vin Blanc

I don't see what you're trying to achieve, but some Scarts are wired one way only so be sure to get the fully wired variety.

My thinking was that the thickness of the walls were the issue and if I put the sender device in the loft the signal would only be going through plasterboard down to the receiver. Because of this I would need a longer SCART and a longer power plug to run beside the interior satellite cabling. Does that make sense?

Why do you need a Scart at all?
Doesn't the Nikkai use a video and two audios?

As Logi suggests, better to use an "RCA" connection (audio/video) than a scart. Easier to feed through a wall as well.

Vin Blanc

Why do you need a Scart at all?
Doesn't the Nikkai use a video and two audios?
Read the OP he needs a SCART to composite lead, presumably because his sat box only has a SCART output socket and no separate composite viseo socket.

I use a scart plug with switched RCA (video/audio) out connections. See Satcure Scart/phono plug.

upload_2015-11-28_15-32-48.jpeg

Vin Blanc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom