Another attack in Paris today

Every day we keep waiting to hear if there are any more atrocities happening around the world. Unfortunately its going to be like this forever now.

Unfortunately it is difficult to see a way to win against this. With the war on the ground against IS being won, they just revert back to individual terror attacks.

Cheers,

Nigel

A good start would be to learn to identify the cause correctly.

It is a fundamentalist Islamic idiology with close ties to Saudi style Wahabism that's at fault. That's not racist, it's fact.

Our mainstream media are so delicate to using the word "islam" in relation to anything bad that they use terms such as "so called" before identifying them. So-called Islamic state?.

Did you hear anyone call the Germans in ww2 the "so-called nazis"?

Until we have the strength to clearly identify the problem, factually and without fear of upsetting the pc brigade, we will never find a solution.

Until we have the strength to clearly identify the problem, factually and without fear of upsetting the pc brigade, we will never find a solution.

Collect them up and dump them on an island, bet they will still find something to find offense at.

It is a fundamentalist Islamic idiology with close ties to Saudi style Wahabism that's at fault. That's not racist, it's fact.

Our mainstream media are so delicate to using the word "islam" in relation to anything bad that they use terms such as "so called" before identifying them. So-called Islamic state?.

Did you hear anyone call the Germans in ww2 the "so-called nazis"?

Yup, just reading the Guardian today about some "women only park" in Iran so the ladies can take their bags off, the number of comments from idiot "liberals" saying they agree with the burkha etc so women can have the choice to wear one is astounding. Fortunately most of the Guardian commenters know the truth of it and think the whole Islamic thing is bad.

Its the PC brigade who are the problem. The Islamic issue wouldn't be half the problem it is if it weren't for the brainwashing in the liberal media who excuse anything they do, making them think they can get away with all manner of illiberal views, and keeping the authorities from handling their behaviour appropriately (eg Rotherham).

Have a read of this comment that perfectly expresses the true problem.

Well.... its "so called" Islamic State because a) its not actually their name and b) they are not actually a recognised state, and especially not the one of all Islam. The Nazis weren't "so called" because they were actually Nazis.

You'll find "so called" and "self proclaimed" etc prefixing many titles people or groups award themselves, though arguably most of them are of a religious background (Christians being just as bad at this) as seems to take that sort of thinking to be consider declaring yourself Christ reborn etc.

The problem with morality is that it changes constantly, often cyclically, but at any point of time we consider our current view as "correct" and immutable. You don't have to look too far back in UK history to find time when exposing the flesh was morally wrong and yet before that it was fine. Similarly we believe in equality but men are socially acceptable topless and women arent - or if we want to stick to news stories, a woman breast feeding in a museum full of barebreasted status/paintings is criticised for exposing herself. There are really poor footings to criticise others on morality.

Ok, now you believe you've identified the cause as Wahhabism, whats the solution? (though gbjbaanb disagrees with you and says it's the PC Brigade)

As to todays sad events in Paris, I'd argue we should wait and see. Eye witnesses are not known to be perfectly reliable, according to some witnesses of the London Bridge attack there was gun fire before the people were run over but clearly this was erroneous despite the witness being ex-military hence a "self proclaimed" expert. It certainly sounds like its terrorism but its jumping to conclusions, just as others did with the drunk driver who ranover a load of people in the USA recently..... that said I am already going to be flamed enough before saying don't jump to conclusions

Unfortunately it is difficult to see a way to win against this. With the war on the ground against IS being won, they just revert back to individual terror attacks.

Cheers,

Nigel

We should have opened the history books of the 1970's & 1980's and see what was coming out of the training camps in the Lebanon.
Instead we allowed free travel with scant checking of peoples from the same region into the cities of Europe and when we do identify, we seem on the most part to completely ignore or not bother going in with force.

Cities need check points, curfews, tagging and monitoring of knowns.

Ok, now you believe you've identified the cause as Wahhabism, whats the solution? (though gbjbaanb disagrees with you and says it's the PC Brigade)

Oh no , I agree with you - extremist forms of Islam are being heavily funded and promoted everywhere - but think what that means: if its being promoted, who is enabling the promotion?

And that is the PC brigade who are happily doing the work of the nutjobs financing their crazy religious views.Yesterday I read Andrew Norfolk wanting a report to be done on the very widespread organised sex crimes going on, and he wasn't going to get one because the PC brigade in government know the answer already and don't want to embarrass themselves. Its a bit like asking the tobacco lobby to report on the causes of lung cancer!

The PC brigade have spent so long telling us how lovely it is to have all these muslims about, how ever advertising poster has to have a woman or child n a headscarf, how we're told we need more and more immigration from these dodgy countries and anyone disagreeing, well, they must be racists and thus ignored. As a result, they cannot do anything except continue to promote the status quo and downplay the issues. A bit like the tobacco industry refusing to stop advertising their products!

So the net result is that while Wahabbism is the disease, the PC brigade are the ones helping to keep spreading it. We can't realistically cure the disease, so the next best thing we can do is stop giving it the attack vector. To keep my analogy going, we can't cure lung cancer, but we can at least stop the tobacco industry selling cigarettes.

A bit like the tobacco industry refusing to stop advertising their products!

I think a better analogy would be that its like saying we should ban shellfish because 0.01% of people get ill from eating them or the correct solution to a splinter in your finger is to amputate your arm just in case it gets infected, you get sepsis and die.

Its bad that some Muslims are attacking people in the UK/EU, its bad that Buddhists are attacking Muslims in Myanmar, its bad that some Christians are attacking any other religion, race, sexual orientation etc in the USA, its bad that Jews and Muslims are attacking each other in Israel/Palistine, its bad that Hindus attacking Christians in India.

No religion is without its nutters and as evidencedby the likes of the KKK or N.Ireland, even if you decided we should abandon secular society and create single religion states that doesnt stop division and attacks - Catholic Christians attacking Protistent Christians in N.Ireland.

Immigration is a good thing, we wouldnt be the people we are today without it.... nor would we have been the people we were a hundred or a thousand years ago without it. We've always had immigration, there has frequently been periods of issues and we have ultimately become better because of it... unless you don't like the ideas of democracy or fair trials etc that immigrants brought into the country?

Our world/country will continue to evolve, it will do so better and faster with the movement of people than by pulling up the bridge and becoming isolationist

I think a better analogy would be that its like saying we should ban shellfish because 0.01% of people get ill from eating them or the correct solution to a splinter in your finger is to amputate your arm just in case it gets infected, you get sepsis and die.

I don't know where you got that lot from. I'm saying that criticising Muslims that need criticising is important, and the PC brigade are preventing that. We should be concerned about FGM, imposed dress codes and other forms of female oppression, etc etc. But when you do criticise these things, you're called out as racist and then others pop up to claim immigration is such a wonderful thing (despite a sensible view being of sustainable levels, not mass migration, or of any old criminal arriving). This is the problem I'm talking of - sense is thrown under the bus called "virtue signalling" or PC by people who have an ideology (that I think is moire based around mis-truths and a means for them to attack the opposition).

I don't know where you got that lot from. I'm saying that criticising Muslims that need criticising is important, and the PC brigade are preventing that. We should be concerned about FGM, imposed dress codes and other forms of female oppression, etc etc. But when you do criticise these things, you're called out as racist and then others pop up to claim immigration is such a wonderful thing
Because an incomplete view is given and therefore it looks like you are targetting a religion and not an issue. Take FGM, in the Jewish community in Ethiopia its common, similarly in some Christian communities in Kenya, Tanzania etc they also practice it. Similarly its known to be common in some forms of animism. So to say Muslim FGM is bad but totally ignore all the others is discriminating against a single religion hence the "ism" label.

But again we get into the principle of morality and its fluidity. FGM is currently disapproved of in the UK, though in Malaysia 41% of women believe it increases hygine. MGM (as the term starts taking hold) is accepted in the UK but 79% of USA males have it with the most common cited reason being hygine. Personally I think both are wrong but you want to slam the predominately Muslim Malaysian women, who practice the lighter end of the spectrum, but think the predominately Christian USA are perfectly reasonable and moral?

Who's to say in 25 years time that we wont think a topless woman walking into a beach bar is any different from a topless guy doing the same right now? They will look back at you and your oppressive views on women and how you so objectified them that you forced them to cover their bodies when you can walk around in just your speedos

You're comparing male circumcision with FGM?

I agree with you that they are both wrong but surely the two can't be compared.

Mutilation improves hygiene.

Perhaps nails that get dirty and teeth should be yanked out as well while we are at it!

Who's to say in 25 years time that we wont think a topless woman walking into a beach bar is any different from a topless guy doing the same right now? They will look back at you and your oppressive views on women and how you so objectified them that you forced them to cover their bodies when you can walk around in just your speedos
Jeez seriously? In 25 years time? Where have you been living and holidaying? Please don't tell me you live in Europe?

Damn I've been having mix locker rooms at school since I was a little boy and all during my teens. You can see tits everywhere on the beach....In 25 years time? Pah....

I was thinking about getting my sphincter removed as I'm getting sick to death of wiping it.

Because an incomplete view is given and therefore it looks like you are targetting a religion and not an issue.

No, I was targetting the apologists for terrible behaviour and custom. You seem to want to turn this into an anti-Muslim thing, but apart from agreeing with you over the parts of the religion/culture that is unacceptable to everyone, I have not mentioned anything about it.

Turning my argument into something else is typical of what I am criticising, pure whataboutery.

there's actually 4 types of FGM, none of which are what any sensible person would consider acceptable in any form. Saying it increases hygiene is just plain nonsense, backwards and should never be entertained in any country, least of all this one (I nearly said "ours", but I'm not sure that is quite the case any more).

What is more telling is that, despite midwives reporting 900 cases per month, the number of prosecutions in the UK is .... 0.

And this harks back to my original point - just like Rotherham was not properly dealt with until the authorities were forced to do so, turning a blind eye to it for years because of peer pressure from the "liberal progressives" who would cry racism if the authorities did prosecute the Muslims who were committing the atrocities, here we have the same kind of blind-eye to this issue, and I would say the same reasons are a major factor in the lack of action.

Funnily enough, I did notice the lack of prosecutions when I google it earlier.

I also noticed there was no mention of ethnicity of the 9000 odd cases last year or whatever it was.

I think it has something to do with the type of people that quash even the mere question Being asked.

Jeez seriously? In 25 years time? Where have you been living and holidaying? Please don't tell me you live in Europe?

Damn I've been having mix locker rooms at school since I was a little boy and all during my teens. You can see tits everywhere on the beach....In 25 years time? Pah....
I didn't say on a beach, I said in a beach bar - ie a beach side restaurant where people here eat their fish and chips or in Spain have their paella etc.... I don't know where you go (though I'd like to) but beyond the occasional flasher I've never seen any bar where the ladies are all sitting around with their families etc with their tits out but I do see lots of guys with theirs out.

Type 1a FGM is removal of the cliteral hood only. Circumcision is removal of the foreskin. Both are the identical piece of skin and develop from the same structure.

Clearly FGM can go much further but then so can male, if you look at the Unambal Aborigine which split the whole penis.

The two at their lightest forms are directly comparable and in my opinion, which I see you already noted, are wrong in anything but a medical requirement on a case by case by a qualified doctor etc.

I didn't say on a beach, I said in a beach bar - ie a beach side restaurant where people here eat their fish and chips or in Spain have their paella etc.... I don't know where you go (though I'd like to) but beyond the occasional flasher I've never seen any bar where the ladies are all sitting around with their families etc with their tits out but I do see lots of guys with theirs out.
Yes I read beach bar.

Type 1a FGM is removal of the cliteral hood only. Circumcision is removal of the foreskin. Both are the identical piece of skin and develop from the same structure.

Clearly FGM can go much further but then so can male, if you look at the Unambal Aborigine which split the whole penis.

The two at their lightest forms are directly comparable and in my opinion, which I see you already noted, are wrong in anything but a medical requirement on a case by case by a qualified doctor etc.

How many cases of Male Circumcision in the UK required hospital visits last year vs female?

Do a Google search on FGM vs MGM in the U.K.

Nobody agrees with you that they should be compared.

I'm sorry but you're wrong on this unless you convince me otherwise which so far you haven't

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom