1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another ARCAM DVD problem??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Goldeneye, Dec 23, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Goldeneye

Goldeneye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased an ARCAM DIVA to replace the trusty old Pioneer 717 which had served me very well for 2 years.

Initial reaction - AWESOME!!! However....

It appears that some of my CD collection just does not get recognised by the player. Specifically, the first disc of Frank Sinatras greatest hits; Dean Martins greatest hits; Simon and Garfunkel Definitive collection - and thats just from the CD's I have tried. (Just in case anybody is wondering, I'm 34 and also have The Black Crowes ; Buckcherry ; Steve Earle etc in my collection!!!!!!! Lets just say I have eclectic tastes!!?!)

On inserting the discs it spins at high speed for about 10 seconds before responding with "NO DISC" in the display.

Also, the mechanical noise on the menus of Gladiator (R2) and the first couple of chapters of Scary Movie (R1) sounds very noisy - anybody else experiencing the same thing???

As my original comment stated, I watched Gladiator last night and was amazed at the extra depth of colour and sharpness of image - but it does appear to have a couple of bugs that need sorting out.

Please Arcam, don't make me go back to my Pioneer........

2. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Goldeneye,

Email Arcam with your problems - I've always found them to be helpful.

Cheers,
    Liam

------------------
    "Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Goldeneye
    Have Arcam solved your problem by now; would be interested to hear. I have probably used my Diva with 30-40 different CD's and have had no problems. My taste is also eclectic but does not include any of your problem titles or I would check them out.
    Have not noticed the Gladiator noise either. (R2 disk).
    Richard

4. scissor

scissor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My DV88 has had at least 100 cd's through it and it just gets better all the time.