another 6006 problem? or maybe not?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dice_man, May 27, 2002.

1. Dice_man

Dice_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those who read my last thread and responded. Thank you, unbeatable are send me a new TV, I just have to get the time off work :( .
    In the mean time I thought I would try and conect it up to the RGB out on my Pioneer 444 dvd.

I now have another problem :mad: and I have no idea what is causing it.
    My DVD is connected vai a QED fully wired scart cable to the EXT 1 (the RGB input socket) on my phillips 6006.

When I turn on the dvd play the TV keeps flicking between widescreen and one of the other screen setings i.e. 4:3 and keeps doing this even when the movie is playing.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could be causing this problem? the DVD worked fine when conected vai a standard phono lead. I have tried connecting to via ext2 (standard scart) and get the same problem which makes me think that it is a problem with the scart lead. or a problem with the scart socket on either the dvd player or the tv.

Any thoughts.

2. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try testing the dvd player and lead with another tv (if possible), or your tv with a different dvd player.

If it's your tv, let's hope the new one doesn't have the same problem :)

hope you get it sorted!

tom

3. Dice_man

Dice_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Tom
    Unfortunatly I don't have another RGB set or another DVD avalible. However I did try it will a phone out from my old VCR. Same problem! Seems like I bought a completly knackered set.

It's really frustrating because I did so much research both on this forum and shoping around and the 6006 seemed to have least number of complaints for the price I was willing to pay.
    Oh well I've got next week off work so I'll try and get it fixed then.

thanks again,

4. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know it makes me wonder sometimes, if some tv's are either badly handled in transit or slip through bad quality control.

Whatever the case it really boils my blood when people are let down so badly in what( in my opinion) can be a very worrying and stressfull decision to make buying a tv:mad:

I've been really lucky (so far) with my 6006, and I totally sympathise with yourself, and anyone else who is having any problems :(

tom