Another 360 game delayed

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tony kop77, Nov 1, 2005.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I was really looking forward to this http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61485 I really wanted a 360 but as each day goes by I am starting to think what game is going to be out that I really want.
    Only games left are PGR3 and that horror game I forgot the name of.

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    seen this was delayed yesterday, not really a problem for me :)

that other game you talk of is condemned : criminal origins

3. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,776
    At this rate its going to be about 4 games at launch which is :mad:

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    No problem for me. If just PGR3 came out then it would still be the best console launch ever! To be honest I just want PGR3 and COD2 (maybe condemned and DOA4) at launch. There's more than enough games to be honest and I don't know when i'm going to find time to play COD2 as it is.

EDIT: There's also RR6, PDZ, EA's offerings (if you're desparate!), Quake 4, Gun and Kameo.

5. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    As long as theres a racer and a shooter, that will be more than enough. Lets face it we played Rainbow Six 3 for at least 1 year non stop when it came out :thumbsup:
    Matt

6. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,776
    True, just hoping COD2 is going to be good and that PGR3 keeps me entertained for longer than Forza did

Though I would have probably not preordered if i though GR3 was not going to be available at launch

However, with my 50" TV turning up this Friday then its worth it just to see 720p running a nexgen game

7. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Apparently PZ0 and Kameo are a week after launch. I hope condemned is on track, or i'll have my console a week with nothing to play on it! :(

8. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Kameo a week after launch are you frigging kidding me or what? don't mess with me man i'll kill ya lmao

where did you hear this?

9. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,401
    I thought Kameo was done and dusted a few weeks ago, I honestly can't see that one being late

10. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Kameo's not goping to be delayed, its the only launch game that is brimming with polish and was reportedley finished a few weeks ago.

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    I've heard nothing of Kameo being late and i'm sure that MS will make sure that it's 3 original AAA titles (PGR3, Kameo & PDZ) make launch. Even though PDZ has had mixed reports it is clearly one of the main launch titles for the machine.

When you add those 3 to COD2, Quake4, Condemned, Ridge Racer 6, Gun, NHL 06, Madden 06, FIFA 06 NBA 06 & DOA4 that's 13 pretty big titles to hit the machine at launch and i'm sure there are others that i've missed off. They have covered the shooting, driving, adventure, sports & fighting genre's at launch and i'd say that there are some great games there for most people. When you consider that the new year will bring not only the delayed games but a new swathe of titles, then the future is looking bright for the 360 IMO. Even after all of the delays I still can't thing of a console launch that comes close to the quantity and quality that will great us on 2nd December :smashin: .

12. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,821
    I'm still on two delayed, two hanging on in at the mo.

I had preorders for COD2, Condemned, Saints Row(now 2006) & Full Auto(also now 2006)

Fingers are tightly crossed about COD2 & Condemned being out for release. I want at least one 360 game(lol, although I've bought a few original xbox games since selling mine so I do have some new games at least :) )

13. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Had a look, can't seem to find where I read PD0 and Kameo had been delayed. :(

I pray they will both be released on day 1, as I love rare games! :clap:

14. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    theyre both still on target on gameplay.com for your info guru

15. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    You better hope they are all backward compatible. :eek:

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    All games made after a certain date are backward compatible IIRC and also all AAA titles will be at launch. Can't recall what the date was though.

17. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Where did you here that. As far as I recall there has been no solid information yet as to which games will be backward compatible. From what I read MS has given the option for games both now and the future to include the emulation code but it is not mandatory. I doubt very much that even in the future all Xbox games will be backward compatible especially the low budget and non-AAA titles.

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    I'm sure it was mentioned at E3 and MS stated that it's aim was to go for full backward compatability in time. I really can't see any reason why most games will not be backward compatible in the end and the AAA titles that people are buying now (Farcry, PES5, HL2 etc.) almost certainly will be. Let's face it, it's pretty stupid business sense for developers making X-Box games not to make them compatible with the 360 as for the sake of some emulation code they are cutting off a large potential market from their game.

What we actually know is that :

- Popular X-Box titles will be made compatible with 360
    - Developers can make new titles compatible using emulation code and would be pretty silly not to.
    - MS's aim is to get the whole catalogue Backward compatible

Unless you own a lot of old & rubbish X-box games (in which case why would you want to keep and play them) then you should be OK. Personally there will probably only be PES5 that I keep to play on my 360 and I guess most people upgrading will be in the similar position of trading/selling most of their old games and just keeping the odd class title to use on 360. I therefore can't see the backward compatibilty situation being a problem for most :smashin:

19. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    'top selling titles will be backward compatible' (my paraphrase - top selling doesn't necessarily mean 'popular' :) )
    it's not up to the developers
    I don't believe this is correct.

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Top selling doesn't necessarily mean GOOD but it does mean popular. By definition if a game has sold a load of copies (say Halo2) then it is a popular choice of game.

I'm sure that the MS emulation team will be working pretty closely with developers on making games backward compatible and as the developers oen the rights to their games I guess it is up to them in a way if they wish for their code to be used on an emulator. It is MS that are doing the work but I would be surprises if developers didn't have any say in what games are made backward compatible as if they are then that will alter the business model and would mean that they will probably make more units of new games.

Please let's not turn this into another scare mongering senario. Xbox.com should have a list of currently compatible titles in the next couple of weeks and they will continue to add to that list until demand for backward compatibility drops off. Until that list is published we shouldn't really speculate on whether certain games will be compatible or not.

21. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    What will be the situation with people who have ordered bundles where the games included aren't available? Will the stores just send out the consoles or will they fill as many orders as possible with what they can and hold back any bundles that are not complete?

I only ask as I have pre-ordered the PGR3 bundle and it looks like about the only one that will be able to be shipped complete at launch.

22. lennon

lennon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Im already like a kid in a candy shop. I had pre ordered Kameo, PDZ, PGR and oblivion.

Now that Oblivion has been delayed I have gone for COD2. That said I really like the look of Condemmed and I have held off buying Quake 4 coz it will probably run better on the 360 than my PC.

I would be surprised if COD2, Kameo, PDZ or PGR didnt make launch now as MS are apparently giving them away as prizes before the official release. That said they have been mightily quiet when it comes to a definate launch list so who knows.