Another 360 failure

NookZ

Novice Member
Hi all,

I've been struggling with a sick 360 for a couple of weeks and it's finally given up on me! I'm not sure if this is connected, but the problems started around the same time as the latest LIVE update.

Anyway, I don't get any flashing red lights or error messages, I just get a little squeak from the speakers and the screen freezes.

Have a look at these pics -

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/NookZZ/X360-5.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/NookZZ/X360-6.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/NookZZ/X360-1.jpg

It's now in the hands of Microsoft, who reckon it will take a couple of weeks to sort out.

I was just starting to win races on PGR3 as well - oh well :) :)

Kieron

Distinguished Member
*Exactly* the same as mine did. Got mine on launch - lasted until last month.

NookZ

Novice Member
Kieron said:
*Exactly* the same as mine did. Got mine on launch - lasted until last month.
I feel for you mate - mine is a release date premium console as well.

Did you get it fixed by Microsoft of take it back to the retailer?

Cheers.

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
Mines just gone the same way. Nothing works. HAve phoned MS at the weekend but not heard anything yet apart from the standard email.

Funny really as I bought it for GRAW and it blows up the week it finally comes out. Hilarious in fact.

Oh well, maybe the replacement will be better screwed together.

Microsft usually pick consoles up,a nd a problem like that usually results in them sending a new console back within a few days!!

R

rottyman

Lot of people have had this problem including myself. I have had my new console around a week now and not only is it much quieter it performs so much better than the old one and most important no more crashes.

oldman100

Best thing you can do if you bought it from a high street retailer is ring'em up see if they have stock, if they do get'em to hold one for you take your knackered one to them and get a exchange.

Obviously they won't be expecting to do a exchange if they have a problem with this quote the 79 sale of goods act to them where by your contract is with the retailer and NOT the manufacturer i.e M$.

My 360 screwed up last week and I did the above with GAME no problem.

No way was I going to wait 10 days for M$ to uplift and redeliver.

NookZ

Novice Member
oldman100 said:
Best thing you can do if you bought it from a high street retailer is ring'em up see if they have stock, if they do get'em to hold one for you take your knackered one to them and get a exchange.

Obviously they won't be expecting to do a exchange if they have a problem with this quote the 79 sale of goods act to them where by your contract is with the retailer and NOT the manufacturer i.e M$.

My 360 screwed up last week and I did the above with GAME no problem.

No way was I going to wait 10 days for M$ to uplift and redeliver.
I'll check that out with GAME tomorrow as I ordered it online.

Cheers.

g00n3r

Novice Member
As said earlier, there's no way that MS have time to open up every 360 that comes back for repair, it just aint viable.
If it's a main board failure it'll get swapped out for a new one unless it's something very simple.

I remember going to Sega at New Malden to pick up some parts for arcade machines (I fix them) and upstairs there was an office probably 15ft square and it was stacked wall to wall with faulty Dreamcasts. They told me the only fault finding they did was to either change the psu or change the disc drive, any other fault simply wasn't worth the time to repair, hence the stack of dead consoles.

DHL finally picked up my faulty one yesterday, so it's been dead now for 8 days and it still isn't actually back with MS. If it goes wrong again there's no way I'm going through all that malarkey again, it's going back to Game.

tutu

My brothers 360 has exactly the same problem and it started on Sunday. Phoned MS up yesterday and they are picking it up today. I'm not sure about the quieter statements - in that case I wish mine would break.. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom