• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Another 32" dillema!

LucyLou

Standard Member
I've read so much about TVs and looked at so many. Im now in total confusion! :suicide:

At first I thought i'd go with the Tosh WLT68 then decided to spend that little bit extra and go for the panny700 or the sony d3000. Now i've come across the Sammy R87 for £396 and seriously considering to get it as it seems a fantastic price.

I'd be using the tv for SD tv and for the xbox 360. Would you guys recommend I go for the sammy or spend £300 extra and get either the sony or panny. Is it worth it? Would the sammy do the 360 justice? :confused:

Oggie

Distinguished Member
if you gonna be getting ps3 to watch blueray then i would get D3000 ( i have one, trust me its qquality for dvd + blue ray), it performs superbly with ps3. other than that i would get sammy - thats a good deal !!

LucyLou

Standard Member
It would only be for the 360 and possibly Wii. Im just wondering if 100Hz will make a huge difference. The panny 70 would be an option but its quite thick and not that keen on the design compared to the 700.. although you pay for it!

Maybe I should take anothe rlook at the WLT68, but still dont think I could come close the price of that sammy.. and its mighty tempting at that price.

Anymore thoughts?

xP I Deja Vu

Standard Member
It has a game mode I believe that takes it out of 100hz mode, so no problems there. But via VGA movies will look snazzy on it :) As will your games, but MAY suffer from blurring (never seen it on this TV) I'm getting one myself for my 360, and I have spent months deciding so this is a great TV to have. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom