Anone got this LG TV ? RE-32FZ10PX

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PaulBoy, Oct 24, 2002.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I am (still) looking for a reasonably priced / specced 32" WS with 100hz & notice the numerous threads here with people like me going all round the houses on the usual contenders (Sony Tosh Panny Phillips et al)
    I noticed the LG RE-32FZ10PX has dropped to £699 at Argos & wonder if there are any satisfied owners (or dissatisfied) who would recommend this tv or suggest what length barge pole might be required ...
    TIA - Paul
    PS I have a budget of £800 max

2. The_blue

The_blue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spotted that one as well but couldn't find much about it :(

3. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I might bottle out over the LG & go for a safer option like a PL10 Panasonic (good price at Unbeatable & elsewhere)
    I have never had a bad Panasonic TV - might have had a Sony but the new ones are HUGE - could pick up a FX65 mind you ...
    I never had this problem with my AV AMP & AV SPEAKERS ...
    TVS are a real pain to decide over ...
    Paul ;)

4. unky chris

unky chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not consider the LG 32Q82. Its within your budget (£799 at Currys) and as well as being 100htz is also digital, and comes with an excellent enclosed stand.

I bought one this weekend, and so far everything is excellent.

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    unky chris - Currys web site dont have the LG model you mentioned (or anywhere else) Have you seen it on the web anywhere or can you tell me a bit more about it ?
    TIA - Paul

6. unky chris

unky chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe that Currys are only selling the 32Q82 in store. The assistant I spoke to said that Currys had bought all remaining UK stocks of this TV from LG as the manufacturer was discontinuing it. This is why Currys are able to offer it at a 'sale' price of £799 (rather than current RRP of £999).

There is a review of this model in the Feb 2002 edition of Wv&Tv. It was given 6/10, although I feel the score may have been different if it was for sale then at £799 rather than the £1600 RRP that Wv&Tv gave it.

From my brief experience of the TV so far is positive. I think it looks great with the speaker placed under the screen, and the integrated enclosed stand. For a good pic of the set and stand go to www.lge.co.uk. Other observations:

Geometry - Seems fine so far
    100htz - I've still to get used to this. It does look slightly more pixelated than my old 50htz tv, but only very close up.
    Sound - I'm still playing with the surround and Dolby Pro Logic options.

So far so good.:)

7. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    unky chris - thanx I have had a look - its not for me - I dont need DPL / built in modems & some of its other features including the funky cabinet ... all i need really is a Nicam TV with 32" screen (I have the sonics well sorted) & as I am changing from 28" I thought I'd give 100hz a go ...
    Thanx for the input though & glad to hear you're happy with your LG ... Paul ;)