Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
The highly rated stop-motion animated drama from the great Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Synecdoche, New York) and animator Duke Johnson (stop-motion Christmas episode of Community).

Voiced by David Thewlis, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Tom Noonan

Reviews

(100%) Anomalisa

anomalisa-poster-700x1037.jpg

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Did anyone watch this up cinema then?!

As it's showing at a local indie next week, so I'm wondering if it's worth a 20 mile drive to see Anomalisa on the silver screen... Or just wait for home release.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I loved it. Was lucky enough to have a Q&A with both Kaufman and Johnson after.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Been a big fan of his for some time. There was a ton of hipsters asking questions about explaining the meaning behind some of his narratives. His response..."I'm more interested in how you interpreted my narrative". He also went on to recount how since Adaptation he has maybe spoken to an exec at Sony a couple of times and found it incredibly difficult to finance his projects (Anomolisa was initially kickstarted). He pointed out that people at Sony were really into his projects but simply couldn't work out how to market them.

FWIW, Anomalisa is, IMHO, one of Kaufman's more accessible stories. It certainly has its surreal moments however. The biggest compliment I can pay it would be that it genuinely transcends the medium of "animation" in key scenes.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom