Question Annual price drop expectation?

JDGL

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering buying a Denon AVR-X3700H & speakers package, but have been content to wait to commit for a short while doing house DIY work to prep.
I thought i'd seen previous gen. models discounted from late Jan., but with port supply issues/Brekit/Covid/etc., am I being daft thinking it will happen any time soon this year?
I'm guessing manufacturers may have altered their product release cycles now, or my timing assumption is wrong?

There were some reasonable package deals late last year but I only see a few now.

Last edited:
AV-receiver prices are highest now than ever! I think Denon cost 999£ when introduced last year, now 1100£! No idea will they announce new X3800H near August/September 2021, that would mean price drop closer at summer.

Of course you can get discount now if you buy bundle deal, speakers + receiver together. If you do that buy the set without subwoofer and pick something better from specialized woofer manufacturer (SVS, BK, Arendal etc.) if you are more serious and want better bang for buck! :)

If not in hurry better to wait. Also Onkyo, Pioneer and Yamaha puts out new models approx April - June.

Yeah I nearly bought one of their bundles last year, but was now considering buying nearly-new 2nd hand speakers and a new amp separately, trying to weigh up the options.
I was warned prices would go up but decided to wait & see anyway.

Covid and no doubt Brexit are conspiring to keep prices high as production delays and delivery impacts on supplies. You use to be able to set your clock by AV amps beginning to drop in price in January.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom