annoying!

ares9245

Standard Member
Really want to buy V10, but it's sold out everywhere and only few showmodel left, which only with 10% discount.
G25 has lots of uncertainty and have to wait 3 months at least.
Don't want to buy other not-as-good-as-v10 TV neither.

I guess lots of people are on the same boat!

Olly

Standard Member
I have a 42v10 on order from John Lewis who should be getting more in next week although I'm not holding my breath. So if you really want one you have to ask around.

ares9245

Standard Member
I wanna a 50" and i am not in UK, but I read people are desperate waiting too in UK.

zofinger

I wanna a 50" and i am not in UK, but I read people are desperate waiting too in UK.
Thats correct. Those in the UK really cannot get a 50V10 at the moment. I had TWO in my house this week, but had to return BOTH as they were ex-display models; one had a scratch on the screen (which wasn't there when viewed in the shop) and the other had screen burn from the demo DVD playing in the shop. I have given up trying to get a 50 V10 and am picking up an NEW 42V10 tomorrow. It is possible 50V10's will be more available in a few weeks time, but there's hardly any at the moment.

ares9245

Standard Member
The hifi store which I am gonna buy speakers from could sell me their p50v10, but only with 10% discount. They have been using it for half year already. What a ripoff.
Although, they don't use it as intensive as other electronical stores, but 20% is more accceptable.

zofinger

The hifi store which I am gonna buy speakers from could sell me their p50v10, but only with 10% discount. They have been using it for half year already. What a ripoff.
Although, they don't use it as intensive as other electronical stores, but 20% is more accceptable.
Agreed, 20% minimum for an ex-display panel. You could check how many hours the TV has been on for? (I went into Comet to look at a display model and when i checked on the TV it showed over 1,700 hours. Which is about 10 months viewing at 6 hours a day.) This may help you in your decision?

ares9245

Standard Member
Agreed, 20% minimum for an ex-display panel. You could check how many hours the TV has been on for? (I went into Comet to look at a display model and when i checked on the TV it showed over 1,700 hours. Which is about 10 months viewing at 6 hours a day.) This may help you in your decision?

How do you check it? That will indeed help.
They said that they don't turn it on during the day, but twice I went there and saw it was on.
Any other things i could check besides scratches? I can imagine that they don't use it carefully as consumers. possible burn in?

MikeyC85

I was in comet (edinburgh) last wk and they never had any 42" v10s in stock and the salesman told me they weren't getting any that he could see, anytime soon. I mentioned that i was gonna get them to price match richer sounds for £999 then he said that I could have the display model for that price. We didn't know how to check the hours but because I told him that was important to me he went away to ask someone then returned and said that that person never knew how to do it but they worked it out to being on 10 hours a day for 4 months . . . . I made my excuses and left lol.

zofinger

How do you check it? That will indeed help.
They said that they don't turn it on during the day, but twice I went there and saw it was on.
Any other things i could check besides scratches? I can imagine that they don't use it carefully as consumers. possible burn in?
I thought you may ask :) - i have written down how to do it and have a link to a post which somewhere on this forum which i used. I'll give you the link this evening (as im not at home at the moment!) unless someone in the meantime can find it :smashin:. Please note: they say you enter the service menu at your own risk - do not change anything etc. If you do I've been told you void the warrantee :eek:
Also check for burn in - the screen i checked in Comet did have some I/R or screen burn (from the demo DVD they had been playing on it). When i got it home i tried to 'remove' it by leaving it on a non-tuned in analogue channel (again, another piece of advice from this forum) - however it didn't work so Comet took it back. So yes - do check for this!

ares9245

Standard Member
I thought you may ask :) - i have written down how to do it and have a link to a post which somewhere on this forum which i used. I'll give you the link this evening (as im not at home at the moment!) unless someone in the meantime can find it :smashin:. Please note: they say you enter the service menu at your own risk - do not change anything etc. If you do I've been told you void the warrantee :eek:
Also check for burn in - the screen i checked in Comet did have some I/R or screen burn (from the demo DVD they had been playing on it). When i got it home i tried to 'remove' it by leaving it on a non-tuned in analogue channel (again, another piece of advice from this forum) - however it didn't work so Comet took it back. So yes - do check for this!

cool. thanks a lot mate!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom