Annoying Purple line on my Panasonic TH37PX70B

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by PAUL7331, Jan 30, 2009.

1. PAUL7331

PAUL7331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Only been like this for the last 3 days. It runs right down the middle of the screen Vertically (just slightly to the left of the middle actually) Very annoying!

Anybody else got this problem??? I purchased this from John Lewis so I have a 5-year WARRANTY. Had it about 2-years. Would my warranty cover this?

2. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    It's a known problem with a certain batch of PX70's.

There have been quite a few posts regarding this problem (it's often a green line). Some people have reported that as it was a faulty batch of panels Panasonic have been replacing them even out of warranty so you will have absolutely no problems at all getting a warranty fix on this.

Personally I would see if I could get a PX80 in exchange, but from what another member posted the panels they are replacing them with now are actually the same panel as used in the PX80 ??

Use the 'search this forum' link at the top left and enter 'PX70 Line' (without the quotes) and you will see it's quite a widely reported issue.

Hope this helps and I hope your warranty claim goes smoothly. Let us know how it goes.

3. alsina

alsina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    Just so you know, if you want a PX80 from John Lewis you need to ask for one, as the replacement panel for your PX70 will definitely be another PX70 panel as they are not interchangeable with the PX80 panel.

4. PAUL7331

PAUL7331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Thanks mate, I'll give them a call and specifically ask for a PX80 panel and see how I go.

By the way, do the guys from John Lewis just come and inspect the TV at my house? Or will I have to send it back to them!

5. funkyspider

funkyspider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    Actually the 37PX80's seem in quite short supply. You might even get a PZ80 as the 80 series are on the rundown to end of their retail life now as Panasonic are announcing new panels for the spring. Just see what you can haggle out of them I belive they often give you a chance to add a bit extra and upgrade. It might also be worth doing a forum search to find other people who have dealt with John Lewises warranties. I'd stick with Panasonic though if it were me.

6. PAUL7331

PAUL7331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Cheers for the advice mate. Ive rung JL and they are sending an engineer out on Wednesday for me. I'll see what I can negotiate!

7. macalloa

macalloa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Our TH37PX70B developed the line down the middle problem, followed soon after by a similar one to the left - just two years after purchase.

I e-mailed Panasonic customer services and was advised to have it collected and checked out, at my expense (£40) by an approved service agent.

Thereafter, based upon the agent's report they would consider replacing - the callout fee would not be refunded regardless of the outcome.

At no point did Panasonic admit a possible batch fault etc., or any liability.

Therefore I was absolutely delighted to receive a call from the service agent to inform me that Panasonic would replace the panel and cover the labour costs of £140 without question.

They mentioned that it was over £1,000 for the job, which was a surprise as the set was £899 new.

It's now back working perfectly, so all I can say is..."Hats off to Panasonic" - quite a result for me !!!

:thumbsup: