1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying problems with Pana HS2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by yatesd2404, Oct 20, 2003.

1. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have had my HS2 for about 3 weeks now, and have found 2 annoying problems and wondered if anyone else is having the same problem and knows a way around it.

1) Wasn't using RGB at first as was missing a second decent RGB cable. I have now configured Digibox to RGB out and HS2 to RGB. I then have the RGB going into a converter to component for my PJ. When I first turn both on for about the first 5 mins I get everything green (like the old macrovision and DVD playback on PS2 in RGB) then it goes to normal. This will happen if I have it going out to TV direct or through to PJ as described above.

If I put Digibox direct to TV and PJ I don't get the problem and if I playback a previously recorded progam then I don't get the problem, so seem like on startup there is a warm up phase in HS2 on the input - any ideas??

2) Was watching a recorded film last night whilst also recording. I was about half way through and went to pause it for a minute but accidently hit stop instead, as expected film being recorded came on with that sound. When I then went to resume film I was watching I no longer could get any sound. Tried stopping and starting again from scratch but no good. I could always get the sound from the film being recorded though.

Any ideas on this one, I am using the optical out. Obviously this was very annoying as couldn't do anything as couldn't turn off unit and reset as would loose recording.

Anway, sorry to waffle on any thoughts??

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    1) Can't help with this - a while back a batch of HS2s had a problem with a "green tint" and AFAIK they were faulty and had to be replaced. Perhaps this is the same? Give Panasonic a ring.

2) What do you have AV2 selected as? "RGB" in and out obviously but you should also have it selected as "Normal". This can cause problems such as youn describe.

3. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I will give Panasonic a call on the first one.

Not sure I understood you on second point, are you saying that I should not select RGB for AV2 and I should select "Normal" or is there another option that I should make sure is set to "Normal" as I seem to remember, very little as I get older to be honest, that the options under AV2 were only RGB or Video.

Cheers,

Dave.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    You should set AV2 to RGB and normal (out of normal, decoder and external link 1 and 2).

It should be under AV2 connection if it is like my E50.