1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

annoying problem on my 42PD3000

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by robbster, Sep 9, 2003.

1. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi

Sorry to bug you all again but I have spotted something tonight that is annoying me. The problem is when I'm viewing NTSC movies or playing on XBOX in ntsc mode I can see little white speckles all over the screen. This happens when my DVD player is in progressive and interlaced mode. Now this problem doesnt happen when viewing PAL sourced material only NTSC. The only way I have found to cure the speckles is either to lower the brightness (which is at a perfect setting) or reduce the contrast even more than it is. I think the picture becomes too dark though when I lower them. My xbox is connected via s-video and DVD through the component connection.

Any help would be appreciated as usual

Thanks

Rob

2. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry about the quality of the picture but it was dark when i took it. I know it doesnt look much on the pic but its a lot more noticable when viewing and is extremely annoying. I've noticed that it mainly happens to the left hand side of the screen and that it only happens in certain colours in NTSC.

Regards

Rob

Attached Files: