1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Panny6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by atacam, Nov 5, 2004.

1. atacam

atacam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Dont know how to really describe this. I will be watching the screen, and when the pic changesd so does the setting, I.E I will set the picture to 'just' then the camera position will change and it will flick the screen to 16.9. This is really annoying as people on screen sunddenly become wider, and the 16.9 keeps coming up on the screen :mad:

This happens whether I watch DVD or Sky. Can anyone help me so it stays on 'just' all the time? or even 'auto'?

2. atacam

atacam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    116 views and no replies :suicide:

:lease:

3. spook

spook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you could try connecting DVD via component, and Sky via the VGA port (using a JS converter) this will effectively disable automatic switching of the aspect ratio.
    If you are using scart then one of the pins can be disconnected to prevent auto switching although I am not sure which pin, someone on here would probably know that one.

Spook

4. TeresaTT

TeresaTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I noticed something similar on my PWD6 when I was using the scart for my Telewest via TiVo. I have my auto switching setting to show 4:3 and not Just. On auto and in 4:3 mode, if a scene had a lot of black at the top and bottom, the screen would go into zoom mode. Once the image was bright again at the top and bottom, it would go back to 4:3 mode. This never happened in 16:9 auto switched mode.

I'm using a JS Tech VGA converter now, so I get a better picture but I've got to keep pressing that aspect button.