Annoying Neighbours anyone? Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Iccz, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Iccz

Iccz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,750
  2. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    WOW anther thread

SO from the last thread

i sent the following to the letting agency last night after getting some info from a user on Noisy Neighbours Forum

To letting agency

I've been doing a lot of digging as I cannot leave this as it is as, Mr ****'s "Business" is destroying our lives, and our pets.

In response to what Mr XXXX said to the mediation team saying "that the doors had to be fire doors as part of their HMO licence (multiple occupancy) and that they can't be adjusted" is complete nonsense and just shows that he has no willingness what so ever to help us in our awful situation.

The fire doors must comply with BS EN 1634 - the self closers must also comply with BS EN 1154, as long as they comply there is no reason why he cannot be a half decent neighbour and sort this out with a soft closing mechanism that complies with BS EN 1154.

There is guidance for these fire doors that they should close in such a way that they do not disturb or damage smoke seals etc. With these slamming all the time I imagine it would possibly be disturbing seals etc. I will be calling the councils buildings regulation department tomorrow and also the HMO regarding my new findings.

I really cannot see what Mr ****'s problem is. What have we done to deserve this torcher? Why can't he just be civil and stop being so arrogant and cowardly? We were civil with him, and gave him ample opportunities to help us to no avail.

Please make him aware of this.

Her Reply this morning

Good Moring Kevin,

Thank you for your email.

As I have mentioned previously, when the tenant vacates next week we will be having the doors checked again. Hopefully these will be sorted prior to new tenants moving in.

I have passed your email onto my manager.

Regards

So i aint taking it any further til after the visit next week, see if they actually do something about the doors. but going by the landlords attitude already i doubt it.

Just found out that upstairs are packing up and may leave sooner than the end of next week. WOO HOO. hope the next tenants dont move in too soon. Also the doors are getting looked at next week, only taking 11 months!!!!

3. SBT

SBT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,831
    Lets hope the new neighbours are decent ones Kev,or atleast someone that knows how to use a door properly.

4. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    ye i really hope so. I so hope for no kids though. as i may commit suicide with a kid banging about on laminate and slamming doors.

5. phillyd1981

phillyd1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    Kevy kat. Did you find the noisy neighbour forum any good and did they have any info with regards to laminate flooring stipulations on the lease hold.

6. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    ye its a great site, got loads of good info from clued up cookies

Scottish legislation allows laminate unfortunately. nothing against it. may be diff in england, or if the lease hold says diff

7. SBT

SBT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,831
    I know where my cousin lives in London,laminate isn't allowed in flats.But she's with a housing assosiation,so not sure if it applies to you.But a ban on laminate in flats is a great idea.Be even better if they bulit the places with proper sound insulation in the first place.

8. phillyd1981

phillyd1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    I forgot you was in Scotland from what I know in England when the lease holds are drawn up they can have stipulations wrote into that living areas must be carpeted.

9. andy2322

andy2322

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Kicked off again tonight fighting in back garden called cops and they are still kicking off

got woke up at 4 with my kids crying.went out to look cops everywhere so me being me had to say my bit to cops and point out the *******.looks like it time to move

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  10. Sam Crow

Sam Crow
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,636
    I can hear upstairs tv lol he watching the news ... I so hope next door can too

11. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Just had the anti-social dept guy up, and had a nice chat about the crazy mutant munster that lives over the road from us.
    We've already gone to court about her, threatening to kill my son, and she's done time for pinning against a wall, and choking one of the kids in the street, and is up again, for assault against the kids mother this time, but all came to a head when my daughter was coming home from work yesterday, and was greeted with a barrage of filth and abusive behaviour.

Also discovered that she sneaks into peoples gardens, and likes to peer through their windows, as in amongst all the shouting, she said we must be weird by not opening the blinds...a room where the projector is, so they are never opened really, so we pointed out we can leave our blinds shut if we want, but she shouted "no, not them...the ones at the back", which shocked me.

After that, we thought that was it, but nope, she came over the street, knocked on our door, ran out the garden, leaned on the fence and started shouting, "cmon then, cmon out ya ****ing *****".
    We just watched from the window, at the top of the stairs laughing as other neighbours were watching, then she told us she would be back, and she was paying kids to be witnesses, which was strange we thought.....but it thickens..2 witnesses to her assaulting the kids mum, have popped up, according to the mum, and said she hit the crazy, not the other way about, and police have told her if it checks out, she will be charged instead.

So, as it turns out, she's buying kids drink at the local shops and giving sweets and money to the younger ones, and also trying to invite them into her house..probably in some twisted way to get them on her side.
    Other parents are aware, and their kids have been warned to stay away..

So, anyway, complaint made, info given, note when and where it happens, if confronted, ignore.
    We'll see how it goes.

They now are standing outside her door, they said the wanted to speak to her, but she's shouting at them through her window, but won't open the door, so that should go in our favour too.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  12. walleee

walleee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Are you in Dundee?

13. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    why?...:)

14. sparkie1984

sparkie1984
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,055
    These cretins need exterminating

15. walleee

walleee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Just being Nosey,:)

I stayed there for 3 years and saw some stuff that I wouldn't ever see over here, but generally in my experience those types kept themselves to themselves, I was allways seeing 'couples' arguing in the middle of the street...

16. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Tell me about it, she was shouting at someone else when my kid happened in the firing line, and it was my son that said that there was screaming and shouting outside, and who it was.

The wife managed to calm her down last year one time, when she came to the house pointing in the window at my daughter in the kitchen, turns out, she was convinced my daughter was the one she assaulted before, and had followed across the road...same blazer, same school, same street, same colour hair..put 2 and 2 together and comes up with 5, in her head.:facepalm::suicide:

The wife got an apology, and that was that..later, the woman apparently went to the shops, bought a bottle of wine, and some chocolate or something, then took it to the next door neighbours, they told us what happened later, and they were as mystified as us, as they have had it from her before too..

So we missed out there..:rotfl:

When she "got out", that was it, it was our turn, as the neighbours say.

17. Trollslayer

Trollslayer
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,764
    Sounds like mental hhealth problems that have been ignored by the authorities.
    Care in the community strikes again.

18. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    Forgot to add..this person is the type who, under god only knows what influence, cuts her grass with a hedge trimmer, and it's only a few inches high.

That was a jaw dropping event, never seen that before.

19. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    After not really staying in our flat since May we decided to do up our lounge and start fresh. Our dreaded neighbours upstairs moved out in Sept. Not sure what these new ones are like yet.
    But we still have the cow downstairs.
    Getting the lounge painted today so there's the odd bang from us here and there. Just before 10 her windows pushed wide open with bass pounding rap blaring. On 50 cent Just now.
    Just also heard she may of had her kid taken away from her. Serves you right you horrible beeatch. Will now remind the council that she does not really require a 3 bedroom flat anymore.
    Project "eviction" commencing

Will not miss this for sure.
    Been on for the last 2 hours. Still going strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbG3UJX7g-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

20. SBT

SBT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,831

For the window to be that wide open,it's definately being done on purpose.
    Ignorant scum.

21. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Totally. Called the cops 2
    Hours ago. No sign yet. Asbit team dont start til 4. Still thumping just now. My ears are actually ringing the bass is that bad.

22. SBT

SBT
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,831
    Have you knocked their door?

23. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Its passed that mate. Cops just turned up. The cow said to the officer its and on going issue with the guy upstairs. Ongoing? Ye cos of you you turd.
    Music back on.
    She also said she was going to call the police on me for theft of her armchair. An armchair left in the communal hallway as a fire hazard. Some how yesterday it made its way to the tip!!!

24. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Cannot wait to call the council 2moro. Now at least i have an independent witness. My painter. I had to pop out and get more paint. Music was off when i was away. As soon as i returned back on it went. Harassment?

25. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Called police again about harassment/provocation. They said its hard to prove. But they have added to the incident report that she maybe targeting us. Now onto the 6th hour of music

26. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    cow, beeatch, scum, turd :confused:

27. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Words to describe my horrible neighbour. Its a family site. The words i would normally use would be far worse.

28. Miss Mandy

Miss Mandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,364
    So was this issue with the downstairs neighbour going on while you had the issue with the upstairs neighbour? How long has it been going on now?

29. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,639
    Absolute scum kevykat. Really hope you get things sorted soon enough, no one should have to put up with the amount of crap you are.

30. kevykat

kevykat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yes. Sandwiched between the pair. Downstairs disturbing us during the day and upstairs disturbing us and often waking us at night. Gonna have a nice convo with the council 2moro.
    3 years with her downstairs