Annoying loud tone when launching Youtube on C1

AmesDP

Established Member
Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks my C1 has developed an annoying new "feature": About half the time when I launch the Youtube app, a black screen appears with a play bar in the middle and plays a DEAFENINGLY LOUD sweep tone before the Youtube interface appears. I have to keep reminding myself to mute before launching Youtube. The Youtube app on my older LG TV, also up-to-date, doesn't ever do this.

Is anyone else getting this? Is it something to do with my C1 being set to Optical out? Is it Youtube's fault? What on earth were they thinking, as this appears to have no purpose other than to be annoying and attempting to break my speakers and my ears.

Update: apparently it's this: YouTube for TV is about to get more annoying

Youtube is rolling out a new startup sound for TV users, and it seems to be popping up erratically in the C1 Youtube app with a badly-chosen volume. Someone needs to kick Google in the ass and get them to fix it.

Last edited:
In the last couple of weeks my C1 has developed an annoying new "feature": About half the time when I launch the Youtube app, a black screen appears with a play bar in the middle and plays a DEAFENINGLY LOUD sweep tone before the Youtube interface appears. I have to keep reminding myself to mute before launching Youtube. The Youtube app on my older LG TV, also up-to-date, doesn't ever do this.

Is anyone else getting this? Is it something to do with my C1 being set to Optical out? Is it Youtube's fault? What on earth were they thinking, as this appears to have no purpose other than to be annoying and attempting to break my speakers and my ears.

Update: apparently it's this: YouTube for TV is about to get more annoying

Youtube is rolling out a new startup sound for TV users, and it seems to be popping up erratically in the C1 Youtube app with a badly-chosen volume. Someone needs to kick Google in the ass and get them to fix it.

I've had this on my C2, but only once at initial launch. I've not had it happen again when I've launched the app from the main menu, nor have I had it when I've cast a video from my phone to the TV.

It still happens randomly on my C1, but the volume has actually been reduced.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom