1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

annoying lines

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jembo, Sep 20, 2005.

1. jembo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    at last i can ask this question! I have an Epson TW10 with RGB scart connection to my DVD player. It is a good 12 ft from a 6.5 ft screen.
    My question is what are those annoying horizontal lines (similar to those on CRT telly).
    OK i can just about cope with occasionally noticing the matrix grid at the fairly low res. of my projector but these lines are annoying and are particularly apparent when the camera moves upwards or the image is washy.
    Do i need a higher resolution projector or component leads?
  2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Apr 6, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Surrey. UK.
    I'm not sure what the lines are that you are seeing exactly, but it's possible that they are the scan lines not being properly deinterlaced or scaled by the on-board scaler/deinterlacer. Are the lines more noticable on the edges of circles etc and look like stair-steps? Or are they more visible on faster motion and the edges of things look a bit like a comb? If that's the case, then the deinterlacing is set for video instead of film or vice versa. It's possible that there is a better projector setting for it in the menu's somewhere.

What DVD player is it? If it has a progressive scan option (more likely on the NTSC mode), try that and see if the image improves. You will need to have component cables for progressive to be used, but you don't need to spend a lot of money on them.