1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Hum sound!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by chris.hesketh, Jun 30, 2005.

1. chris.hesketh

chris.hesketh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I am new to this, so sorry if this sounds a little backward. I have a samsung DVD player, and a Goodmans home cinema 5.1 amp.(GHC56Pro) I have got the DVD connected to the amp via a coaxial lead, and to the TV via scart. The problem is when I use the surround sound, with DVD, when the film sound is low, I can hear a hum/Sussh noise coming from the speakers. This sounds somewhat like the DVD spinning!!!! This does not happen if I connect the DVD player to the goodmans unit via normal phono plugs rather than the Digi output. I have the DVD audio output set to bitstream, on DTS and Dolby Digitaol Audio. I also have audio settings for dynamic compression, and PCM down sampling!! Anyone any advice??

Rgrds

Chris

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    Moved to all in one systems :)

3. LarryS

LarryS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would suspect a defective connecting cable. Also, try having the mains power for the three units provided by single powerstrip. Hum is ususally caused by poor connections or ground loops or both. Hope this helps.

Larry S