Annoying Facebook Issue

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me.... 2 times now in the last few weeks, I have signed in and noticed that my account has sent comments to friends walls...... seems to be advertising spam like weight loss pills or work from home rubbish.

How is this happening? How can someone seemingly send spam from someone elses account?

I would change your password and security details ASAP. Oh, and remove any crappy apps you never use.

as above. Also change your email address if possible.

..and run a complete virus check on your computer. Key logger trojan may have grabbed your password.

Sounds like someone knows your log-in details. Change them asap.

I doubt my sign in credentials have been compromised (although I have now changed my password) If someone wanted to hack my facebook page, they would surely have done more damage than sending 2 advertising links around to people. I suspect an app which is causing these problems.

As far as i know, apps do not have the means of sending wall posts from your account to your friends?

I suspect facebook is crap :rolleyes:

:hiya:

Go into preferences and stop all apps from sending messages or as mentioned get rid of apps all together. The world world be a better place without: Sending a beer, hugs, kisses, notes, videos, joining mafia or pirate crews, thinking of people, owning people, or challenging anyone to crap trivia challenges.

regards

Duncs

Facebook is selling out - and selling your details to advertisers.

It's those bloody apps. I've removed all the apps and removed the access rights to "post on my behalf".

Dig deep into the settings and lock down your privacy settings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom