Annoying empty "bubble" on SONY BRAVIA screen

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by noumena, Jun 10, 2008.

1. noumena

noumena
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Today a bubble that looks like the kind of bubble used to express thoughts or speech acts in comic books mysteriously appeared on one of my Sony Bravia 52" Full HD 1080 TVs. I have, through a process of trial and error, tried to ascertain what button I may have accidentally pressed on the remote, since that bubble doesn't appear on my other Bravia. It's been a while now, and I seem to have accessed every possible menu and switched on and off every possible setting; but the bubble is still on my screen. I would greatly appreciate any suggestion you guys may have. If it helps, the bubble is light blue, occupies about a foot of screen space on my Bravia, and is not filled with any words or picture. Thanks.

Torrey

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    a picture would help if possible, and is it on all sources, ie dvd sky etc

3. noumena

noumena
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey ijd,

Thanks. No. It only occurs on one channel, the one through which my satellite works. It doesn't show up on any other channel, and if I turn off my satellite box (Verizon FIOS), the bubble disappears. I will get a picture tomorrow. Thanks again.

Torrey

4. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    that does suggest a problem with the satellite box and not the tv, although not definate, can you find a factory restore within the setup menu, maybe worth going down this route and see what happens, have you also tried unplugging everything for 30 secs or so and rebooting???

5. noumena

noumena
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops. I meant if I turn my satellite box off, the bubble still stays on the screen on that one channel. No worries now though. It's not there anymore. Nevertheless, it's still strange how that bubble persisted through most of the day, even despite my various resets. Thanks for your concern and assistance, ijd. :smashin: