Annoying Cinema Experience

cinemagary

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Myself and my wife went to see "The Book Of Eli" great film by the way at the local Cineworld.

I know when the cast starts rolling most people will rush out of the cinema, I however am not one of those people :rolleyes:

I was watching the cast and suddenly the halogen cleaners lights came on obliterating my view of the screen, the ushers made no attempt on seeing me to turn them off :mad:

I went out and found a manager who was very apologetic,he told me staff are told to never to put the lights on if anyone is still seated in the aduitorium, he asid he would speak to the staff concerned and gave me a full refund :cool:

Were you waiting for something after the cast, like The book of Eli bloopers or something.

I think he just likes to sit down after the credits, secretly waiting for someone to disturb him enough, to have a go about hoping to get a full refund back.

Actually I usually watch the credits if I enjoyed the film. I often look for the music credits which almost always roll towards the end. Nothing wrong with knowing Waldo Sanchez did Clooney's hair in Out Of Sight.:smashin:

A similar thing happened to me with Wolverine Origins.

Half the people had left before the Striker walking scene came on (mind you it was a weekday lunchtime, so there wasn't that many to begin with) and then I was the only one waiting for the after-credits scene. A cleaner came in and asked me if everything was alright.

Myself and my wife went to see "The Book Of Eli" great film by the way at the local Cineworld.

I know when the cast starts rolling most people will rush out of the cinema, I however am not one of those people :rolleyes:

I was watching the cast and suddenly the halogen cleaners lights came on obliterating my view of the screen, the ushers made no attempt on seeing me to turn them off :mad:

I went out and found a manager who was very apologetic,he told me staff are told to never to put the lights on if anyone is still seated in the aduitorium, he asid he would speak to the staff concerned and gave me a full refund :cool:

Well done.:thumbsup:
I always watch the credits through to the end, whether at the cinema or at home watching a blu ray.
I always treat it as part of the film and the winding down process after the film has finished. It does annoy me when so many people get up and move out as soon as the very first credit comes up.
I am so pleased that I am not the only one.:cool:

....Technically yes the film is not over until the credits have finished, people do leave as son as the Directed by hits the screen.
Some years ago I was fortunate enough to interview David Puttnam and Barry Norman they thought it showed an appreciation of the work of the filmmakers by watching the credits, its a bonus if there is a bit tagged on the end :)

i had a few.

History of violance the speakers suddenly dimmed and was hard to hear and it was freezing.

the road, i dont know what the projectionist did but 20 minutes in the Luminance dipped and the scene went film went pretty dark. no one semmed to notice, but me with my keen QARing eyes (quailty assetment reports - making sure films and programmes are of good qauilty) knew something had happen and it werent for effect.

and Inglourios Bastards had the subtitles for deaf people which didnt annoy me but were at a funny angle and the projectionsist never sorted it out.

being the last person in for Iron Man and having to sit at the very front, not a good way to enjoy a film.

finally wasting my time to watch the phantom menace at 12 midnight!!

Aside from the usual loud kids or people texting my worst cinema experience was seeing (can't remember the name of it, was crap. Some harbour town had a tooth fairy and if you saw her she'd murder you if you went in the darkness) anyways.. the film kept stopping and the lights came up about every 15 mins.

Nothing takes you out of a film than a manager shouting at you he's sorry every 15 minutes and the film taking twice as long to watch as the runtime (not exactly double but it added on a good 30 - 40 mins with all the trouble).

I like to wait till the end of the film and the credits are rolling and then pretend I'm dead and when the staff come over I like to spring to life and scare them silly....

JOKE! I hate going to the cinema!!!

Ohh at least you got the full refund. :) Not bad after all...

I heard some good feedback about the Book of Eli. Hope I can find time to watch it over the weekend.

Cinema? No thanks. Although I must admit, some of the new digital cinemas are excellent, and of course there's IMAX....

I only go to the cinema nowadays if I can get there through the day, ie when its empty. I've just had bad experience after bad experience otherwise. I guess im just lucky:thumbsdow

It's ethier people talking behind me, kids kicking the back of my chair or someone who is not interested in the movie, they only came to eat Nachos and chew with there mouth open!:mad:

I don't know, mabey im just getting old, but with affordable big screen tv's, blu ray, excellent home cinema sound setups, a refrigerator full of cold beer and a toilet a few meters away and pause buttons I much prefer to sit at home these days.:rolleyes:

The house lights come on automatically at most cinemas don't they? Though having said that it sounds like you mean the super bright ones, not the dimmish ones they have before the film starts so that you can find the seats.

I guess the problem is that the big multiplexes want to get as much money so book the showings in so close that the staff have to rush to get the screens clean so that the next set of customers can get in. Still, I would hope the staff would be respectful enough to only clean behind you until the credits finish.

ive not had any bad Experience at the Cinema just sound that was to loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of credits, I find it annoying at teh of a good movie on Sky Movies (not often) when someone always comes on blabbing when all you want to do is listen to the music and soak in what you've just seen.

I always watched the credits and one time the cleaning crew were waiting in front of me waiting to start. I paid for the film so I am going to watch all of it.

Glad to see that the majority of people understand where I was coming from, the cast is part of the film...:)

Glad to see that the majority of people understand where I was coming from, the cast is part of the film...:)

I now recognise names now from films I have seen before. Most of the time I like to listen to the music.

The Muppets don't want talking or texting in the cinema (AMC Theatres Policy)

AMC and Disney’s upcoming new film The Muppets have gotten together with Sprint for the following theater policy trailer

Hi,

Saw "Melancholia" on Sunday just gone, and someone's phone went off during the movie itself! I loudly told them to switch the phone off immediately! It was a middle-aged man who should've known better! :mad:

And this was in an arthouse cinema, where I'd expected cultured, sensible and intelligent cinema-goers to be in attendance, who would know not to keep their phones on in a cinema environment. :(

Pooch

For the third time ever, I wasn't annoyed in the cinemas! On Sunday, I went to see The Lion King (I saw it in 2D because, as much as I like 3D, The Lion King is something to be seen without dark glasses) and there was hardly any noise at all. The time before that was, shockingly, The Inbetweeners Movie where the only thing you heard was laughter and the time before that was James Cameron's Avatar in 3D where I had the entire cinema to myself! :D

The worst offender for me was Twilight because whenever Robert Pattinson came on the screen, all of the girls screamed for some reason. After about five minutes of non-stop, ear-splitting screaming, I turned to them and shouted "HE CAN'T HEAR YOU, IT'S A BLOODY MOVIE! SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!"...to which they did, haha. I had a couple of applauds from the outburst as well, haha.

Aside from the usual loud kids or people texting my worst cinema experience was seeing (can't remember the name of it, was crap. Some harbour town had a tooth fairy and if you saw her she'd murder you if you went in the darkness) anyways.. the film kept stopping and the lights came up about every 15 mins.

Nothing takes you out of a film than a manager shouting at you he's sorry every 15 minutes and the film taking twice as long to watch as the runtime (not exactly double but it added on a good 30 - 40 mins with all the trouble).

Darkness Falls? Your situation was probably more entertaining than the movie itself, haha.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom