Annoyed by CD-Wow, used 3 for £20 at Play instead :)

Mango Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
CD-Wow just annoyed the hell out of me and I see a few others have noticed it too...the "offers" they email out sometimes don't appear to exist on their site.

What really annoyed me is the mail claimed they were cheaper than Play on every DVD, yet they were in some cases nearly twice the price of ordering at Play. I ordered Last Samurai for £6.66 last night at Play, and CD-Wow are charging £11.99 this morning, yet claiming to be cheaper.

The moral of my post:
Use Play's 3 for £20 offer! :thumbsup:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo&r=R2&id=724

Moral of the story is emailing cdwow back that Last Samurai was 6.66 and let them eat their words or change the price. I have no problems with cdwow what so ever. Great customer support. :)

Mango Bob said:
CD-Wow just annoyed the hell out of me and I see a few others have noticed it too...the "offers" they email out sometimes don't appear to exist on their site.

What really annoyed me is the mail claimed they were cheaper than Play on every DVD, yet they were in some cases nearly twice the price of ordering at Play. I ordered Last Samurai for £6.66 last night at Play, and CD-Wow are charging £11.99 this morning, yet claiming to be cheaper.

The moral of my post:
Use Play's 3 for £20 offer! :thumbsup:
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=promo&r=R2&id=724

I don't suppose you noticed that the CD wow offer was for a 2 disc version. Play only have the single disc in the 3 for £20 deal, the 2 disc is full price :lesson: :nono:

Good point mylo - didn't notice it was the 2-disc version so well done cd-wow. I'm personally not that bothered about the extras so will stick with the cheaper single disc at Play.

I did email them about it and apparantly the £7.99 2-disc was a "limited offer" that quickly ran out of stock.

Regardless of cd-wow's "limited" deals, it's worth checking out the Play link, there's over 700 titles on that offer - well worth a look.

I agree that it's a bit of a con for CD-WOW to send out e-mail offers that are sold out by the time you get the e-mail!

cdwow eat play for breakfast lol :smoke:

Cdwow forever :beer:

I got that sodding email this afternoon a day after reading this and many similar threads on the subject.

Thats just wrong.

Fordy said:
I got that sodding email this afternoon a day after reading this and many similar threads on the subject.

Thats just wrong.

Just to give you some idea, CD-WOW currently has 1.2 million people on its mailing list!, it takes about three days to mail that many people and as so many offers are limited stock, the older customers tend to get the better deals. I suggest that whenever anyone gets one of the mails, they post it here so that the newer customers have a chance of getting some of the special deals.

Cheers

Quarksplace

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom