Annoyances in GTA IV

sedalbis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What do people find really frustrating about this game that makes them want to throw their controllers at the TV?
I'll start with my main 2:

1. You finish a mission and the cops are after you because the mission involved committing a crime. You then automatically phone the person who set the mission to let them know you have completed it, which means you cannot run, get into a car or use a weapon, so the cops catch up to you and bust you!

2. The new control system is horrible, so I had to set it to classic controls, which makes it virtualy impossible to shoot while driving, because you can't aim with the right analoge stick and accelerate with X at the same time. The same goes for looking behind you with R3 while driving.

Apart from those main 2, and a few other minors....it's a fantastic game, and I have only just got up to the second island :)

What do people find really frustrating about this game that makes them want to throw their controllers at the TV?

1. You finish a mission and the cops are after you because the mission involved committing a crime. You then automatically phone the person who set the mission to let them know you have completed it, which means you cannot run, get into a car or use a weapon, so the cops catch up to you and bust you!

2. The new control system is horrible, so I had to set it to classic controls, which makes it virtualy impossible to shoot while driving, because you can't aim with the right analoge stick and accelerate with X at the same time. The same goes for looking behind you with R3 while driving.

Apart from those main 2, and a few other minors....it's a fantastic game, and I have only just got up to the second island :)

The mission doesn't finish till you've escaped from the cops. So he doesn't make the call till then?

The mission doesn't finish till you've escaped from the cops. So he doesn't make the call till then?

Yes it does, it finishes as soon as you kill the person you are after (for example). Well it does on mine anyway.

I was playing earlier and as soon as the mission was over the police sirens started and then he picked up the phone and rang someone, I got killed because the cops were right beside and I was nowhere near any cars. Done it at the second attempt :D, same thing happened but I just about made it.

Close combat is quite annoying, a tramp beating you off :eek: when you try in vain to bring your shotgun to bear on his face gets old really quick.

Some of the longer missions really should use a checkpoint system.:mad:

Bad camera constantly self adjusting does get on my nerves.:rolleyes:

Not enough activities i.e. bowling darts pool etc.:boring:

Day time cycles too quickly.:cool:

Other than that love it.:D

If something happens like that with the cops, I just put the phone down on the person i'm speaking with and get in a car/away from the cops as quickly as possible.

Sure you're losing part of the dialog but most of the time it's just 'you did a great job niko blah blah' and not actually important to the story.

Yes it does, it finishes as soon as you kill the person you are after (for example). Well it does on mine anyway.

I've never had this happen to me? It normally says 'loose your wanted level' after i've lost the wanted level then I get the phone call. :confused:

Normally the cops arrive as soon as you've done what is required, and you have to escape from the building etc.

you have to hold x if you want to jog!!!!

that is the most annoying thing ever! I still get out of a burning car an casually stroll off for the first 5secs as i keep forgetting!

....try hanging up the phone lol. A quick hit of circle and you're off. The call resumes later.

The pigeons !!!

It annoys me that they are stuck rigid in the same place. I know they are hard to find, but I would have had more fun if they'd been airborne or had a little movement.

The pigeons !!!

It annoys me that they are stuck rigid in the same place. I know they are hard to find, but I would have had more fun if they'd been airborne or had a little movement.

:eek: If this is the only thing that annoys you about this great game I think Rockstar deserve all the plaudits they get. Cannot believe you took the time to type that. :rotfl:

:eek: If this is the only thing that annoys you about this great game I think Rockstar deserve all the plaudits they get. Cannot believe you took the time to type that. :rotfl:

They do deserve the plaudits. Every one of them.

But the title of the thread "Annoyances in GTA IV" lead me to believe I should post what annoyed me.

My bad I guess......

I personally don't like the cover system/aiming.

I don't like the way you hold a lock on someone whilst you are behind cover and when you press fire you step out from cover and shoot them which seems to have very little to do with skill.

I much prefer the system in uncharted where the crosshair only appears after you step out from cover so you still have some aiming to do which at least takes some skill.

I personally don't like the cover system/aiming.

I don't like the way you hold a lock on someone whilst you are behind cover and when you press fire you step out from cover and shoot them which seems to have very little to do with skill.

I much prefer the system in uncharted where the crosshair only appears after you step out from cover so you still have some aiming to do which at least takes some skill.

I haven't played Uncharted however I agree the cover system has made it too easy.

*spoiler - highlight*

Three Leaf Clover was a great mission but, all the points of cover were so clearly laid-out it was just far too easy. I'd have done it first time if it wasn't for the subway train that mowed me down.

*spoiler - highlight*

it really annoys me how every time you want to do something useful (like going on a mission for example), someone runs in to you and starts calling you names so you have to beat them up which causes someone to start shooting so you have to kill them so the cops come and you have to kill those and next thing you know you're being chased like mad with 6 wanted stars adn everything has gone completely postal.. and all you wanted to do was a simple mission :(

that really annoys me.. or maybe it's why i love this game so much :D

not being able to run while on the phone winds me up :rolleyes:

yes , that has got me killed a few times

:)

They have made some of the points that you have to drive to rediculously long in places.
I tend to just get taxis everywhere I can, but in the missions where you need the car/lorry as part of the mission, it winds me up how far you need to go, especially if you need to keep doing it again.

Anyone else noticed aswell that when you are trying to lose wanted levels, cars are suddenly drawn to you like magnets and they sort of stick to you when you crash into them.... or is it just me?

There also seems ALOT more traffic on roads when you have to escape police or are being chased or are chasing someone, or it maybe just be scripted like that to make it harder.

I hate the fact that when you do a large mission and get to the end before getting killed then having to re-do the whole mission which took 20 minutes or so

It bugs me that there are no new weapons. WTF? I really cant believe that they would do this. Theres also no military base? No countryside or desert either. Just city. Also the graphics, blury, dark colour scheme & always seems to be night time. There doesent seem to be as much music content as previous versions either, whats there is quite boring aswell. Apart from that I guess its ok :rotfl:

just found another one,you cant shut the computer players up.i dont mean the ones who walk past you on the phone etc,i mean the ones where you have to drive them to a certain mission which is about a 3 minute plus drive and if you botch it up you have to listen to the same old **** again and again.I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO RADIO :mad: not your inane rantings for a fourth/sixth time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom