Annotations on TV service menus

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by John Jennings, Mar 14, 2002.

1. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I’ve been tweaking geometry on my Philips PW6006 a little and successfully managed to alter the horizontal position of the screen (it was about 5mm too far to the left). The only really minor problem I’m left with is that the right hand side of the screen is a teensy bit convex (only noticeable as a bend in corners of 4:3 pictures). (It's not due to brightness fluctuations, it's constant)

The thing is, the values in the service menu aren’t annotated very helpfully. They’re just given three character abbreviations. I don’t want to go fiddling with settings unless I know what they are! Here are the settings; could anyone offer some of their knowledge as to what some of them are? (I've filled in the ones I've worked out)

VERTICAL:
    VSL
    VAM (Vertical Amplitude I think)
    VSC
    VSH (Vertical Shift I think)
    VX
    SBL (set to ‘off’. don’t want to alter it! All other settings have numerical values)
    H60
    V60

HORIZONTAL:
    HP
    HB
    HSH (Horizontal Shift. It’s the one I modified to alter the horizontal position)
    EWW
    EWP (East-West parabola?)
    VCP
    LCP
    EWT

Does anyone have an idea on what they mean, and more importantly which one/s I need to tweak to adjust my picture? Even if it's just a pointer in the direction of where I could find out some info it would help me a great deal.

Basically, the image bends in a tiny bit in the top right, bottom right (and to a lesser extent the top left and sometimes bottom left). It's only in the corners that it bends a bit, the majority of the image edge is perfectly straight. I've a feeling it's one of the parabola ones I need to alter?

Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks very much,
    John