Anna 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I watched it the other day and just kept thinking Nikita did this bit better, then again Nikita is one of my fav films.

Thought this was fun but daft. A mediocre band’s greatest hits album.
I’m guessing we won’t get much from Besson anymore, shame he’s gone out on a low note.

6/10 is about right, great looking but badly acted and directed.

6/10 is about right, great looking but badly acted and directed.

Simon gave it 4/10 (more generous than my 3/10). The overall verdict for the disc is 6/10.

Such a shame what's happened to Besson. Leon is still my all time favourite film, but it's pretty depressing holding out hope he'll ever create something even nearly as good.

Valerian, The Family & now this. How the mighty fall...

I'll always watch whatever he puts out, but that's mainly because of Thierry Arbogast's cinematography and Eric Serra's scoring. Between the two of them they occasionally still manage to create those wonderful 'Besson moments'. I'm clutching at straws though I'm must admit..

I mean...I'm pretty sure he fell around about twenty years ago, part way through making Joan of Arc.
Adele Blanc Sec has been the only thing he's made since then that's actually any good.

Hard to disagree, although i did like certain parts of Lucy. I class that as a 'guilty pleasure'...

Not a bad film per se, looked great but seen it all before elsewhere and done better.

Going to avoid this like the plague - thanks for the review so I don't have to lose those hours of my life! :thumbsup:

I liked it as a guilty pleasure B-movie from a struggling auteur of trash and come to think of it,inferior rehashes are en vogue(pun intended) these days...cough...Terminator...cough...

Well I've just watched this tonight and disagree with you all. Thought it was a fun romp, yes possibly daft, but a good watch from me :)

Well I've just watched this tonight and disagree with you all. Thought it was a fun romp, yes possibly daft, but a good watch from me :)
At the end of the Day, that is what is great with entertainment - if we all did like the same thing, the world would be a sadder place.

Darn you thought I was going to be the solo voice that enjoyed it :laugh:
Just finished it and glad I did not read the review beforehand cor blimey talk about spoilers apart from the twist think you mentioned all the plot bar the last reel.
Come on @Simon Crust when we read reviews we don't want to know the whole plot a head up for the review was a spoiler would have been appreciated by some.
As said I enjoyed it, and enjoyed it more than some of the female assassin films such as Atomic Blond and I don't normally like films that flit around in time periods but this well suited the plot.
Not the greatest of films but for my enjoyment tonight 7/10

bitch.:rolleyes::rotfl:
dont think the had some of the tech in that period and contactless cloning :eek:

Watched this last night on 4k Amazon Prime and really enjoyed it.. Top notch picture and sound quality (possibly the best I have seen streamed) .... a great piece of escapist entertainment imo I don’t understand all the hate :thumbsdow

Guys

I need your help:

I am trying to play this 4K and Leon 4K.

i get this message.

my system is

Player: Panasonic DP-UB820
TV: LGOLED77G7V
AV: Yamaha RX-A3080

Player Video HDMI goes in AV 1
Player Audio HDMI goes in AV2
AV exit HDMI goes into TV 2 (ARC)

the discs were playing correctly until 6 months ago and before the software update on the player.

Both discs in Blue ray plays correctly.

both discs are not damaged.

all other 4K play correctly

could you please advise what might be the problem?

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7927.jpg
    IMG_7927.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 44
just tried and my copy of anna plays fine on my DP-UB820 (goes into a yamaha 3050)

you could try a factory reset on your 4k player, maybe its missing a codec? i haven't tried this but these are the instructions i was given by RS when it looked like i had an issue with my player

1 Turn the unit off.
2 Press and hold [OK], the yellow button and the blue button on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. – “00 RET” is displayed on the unit’s display.
3 Press [1] (right) repeatedly on the remote control until “08 FIN” is displayed on the unit’s display.
4 Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds. ≥ The operation history may be recorded in the memory of this unit

good luck with your troubleshooting

Jimbo88

thanks for your reply.

i tried but nothing happened. believe it or not i even bout a new panadonic 280 today from Currys and exactly same message!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom