1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animatrix: The Second Renaissance Part 2 plot hole?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by DVDcake, Jun 1, 2003.

1. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have been watching this prequel to the matrix on the internet via the website:intothematrix.com
    and also on Channel 5 but there is one thing that seems odd...

SPOILER (click and drag across to view)

[COLOR=E4E4FF]According to the Zion archive the machines are immune to the effects of the nuclear weapons dropped on their city Zero-one. Now given this is possible given advanced materials and armor the machines thus withstand the heat, shockwave, radiation and electromagnetic pulse given off by all nuclear weapons and thus enslave humans. However in the two matrix films the principle and very effective weapon used against the machines is the electromagnetic pulse. Anyone else got any views on this? [/COLOR]

:cool:

2. Cyber Spawn

Cyber Spawn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I watched them all last night, and I thought that was a bit weird, maybe they were talking about the fallout, maybe the bombs did some serious damage, but unlike the still rising death toll due to the radiation from Hiroshima and Nagasaki (spelling), the machines just got on with the kicking the whole worlds butt.

Kick Ass DVD though.

3. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yea I liked it especially when the war kicks off in the Second Renaissance to the sound of Overseer's Supermoves track.:)

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    You don't always get widespread EMP from nukes. Airbursts tend to have a more pronounced EMP than groundbursts: likewise an airburst tends to produce less fallout.

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say I found the Animatrix dvd far more impressive than the Matrix Reloaded. The first four shorts are simply jaw dropping!