1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animation, anime and kitten fans - please help me!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Jun 14, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Anime, animation, and Cat fans,

I need some help. I've just got a lovely new, 8-week-old female kitten, who looks like a cross between a tiger and a tabby cat. She's the cutest thing ever, :D very friendly, and likes to play with people. However, I can't think of a suitable name for her. I like to name my cats after female anime characters.

So far, I've had:

Belle - after Belldandy in "Ah My Goddess"
    Mei - after Mei the youngest girl in "My Neighbour Totoro"
    Boo - after Boo-Boo, Yogi bear's son, for a male kitten, who also died recently. :(

Sadly, Mei died this morning, from Perotinitus, which is basically inflamation of the stomach, and she also had fused kidneys, which weren't working properly. :( :(

Anyway, can you help me with a new name for me new kitten? All names, must be:-
    - fairly short
    - not sound totally lame when called or yelled out loud
    - preferably be from an anime series or film, (recent or old), but would consider another suitable female animation character's name
    - not rude or suggestive
    - oh, and be nice and cute, too.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, in advance, Deadline is Sunday night at 23:59 hours. ;)

Pooch

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,115
    [​IMG]
    Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy, Mmmm I would :D

Here Tifa puss puss puss :p

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    How's about Lina out of The Slayers; cause let's face it, that kitten is gonna have to be a tough hot head but with a sense of humour and playfulness to survive in your household by the sounds...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their replies. However, after spending two hours tonight, with a dictionary, thesaurus, an A-Z of Animation characters, and other books, I've finally settled on a name.

My new kitten shall be named......

Tiki :blush:

I was tempted by Kiki, from Hayao Miyazaki's "Kiki's Delivery Service", but upon going through the dictionary, I came across a piece about lucky charms.

A "tiki" is a lucky charm that takes the shape of a human figure. Okay, so my Tiki isn't human-shaped, but hopefully she will be my lucky charm.

So, do you think it's a nice name?

Pooch