Animal Crossing: New Horizons Review & Comments

Thanks for the review, Rik!

Man, I cannot WAIT to waste thousands of hours of my life on this.
But no mention of Resetti? Who is going to berate me for a full half hour when a fuse trips or there's a power cut?

Animal Crossing has been a huge hit in our house since the Gamecube. I am psyched.

i purchased it for my switch on Friday- yet to get a shot of it as my daughter is on non stop getting bells???? i have no clue

Thanks for the review, Rik!

Man, I cannot WAIT to waste thousands of hours of my life on this.
But no mention of Resetti? Who is going to berate me for a full half hour when a fuse trips or there's a power cut?

Animal Crossing has been a huge hit in our house since the Gamecube. I am psyched.
Resetti doesn’t get enough love imo! Everyone obsessed with Tom Nook

Is there a lot of reading to do in this game if i buy it for my kids who are primary school ages , i mean they can read but neither are fluent yet.

Not too much.
The way the animals talk to you is all written but the majority of the tasks - fishing, bug catching, digging, planting, shopping, designing - are self explanatory.

Under 6s might need a little guidance in the initial stages with reading the tasks given to them by Tom Nook.
Beyond that it's very straightforward.

Cool, if only I could buy it somewhere as stocks are limited.

Animal Crossing is getting a massive amount of play time in our household too. We have two Switch's being played non stop.

Good review and good timing.
This’ll keep my daughter occupied while we’re all in lockdown.

CDkeys £41 download

Download it from the nintendo store - a lot cheaper than what Amazon are charging
it prices that game etc are charging for nintendo stuff at the min that shocks me. I hate the shop but was looking for a 3rd switch. crazy

Supply and demand unfortunately, they hard to get hold of at the moment and Game are expensive anyway. I think ShopTo were cheapest on the digital version, I paid £38for it from them.

Game is expensive. Mine was $60 on the eshop when I downloaded it.

Is there a recommended age for this game at all? Too easy for the older ones perhaps?

How does this thing work? Daughter has got to the first evening and what are you supposed to do? She’s got an empty tent. That’s it.

We came out of it, switched user account and started again with daughter #2. Got to the same point, end of evening and empty tent.

how do they get to play together?

How does this thing work? Daughter has got to the first evening and what are you supposed to do? She’s got an empty tent. That’s it.

We came out of it, switched user account and started again with daughter #2. Got to the same point, end of evening and empty tent.

how do they get to play together?
Play it a little more.
The first few days are an introduction.
After that you’ll be free to do as you please.

Figured it out. Found how to set up the bed, sleep and then had to start all over with #2, but they’re now together on the same island and free to do as they please

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom