Quantcast

Animal Crossing (2019)

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I'm glad someone is starting to create these threads. I was too excited/tired to bother trying!!

Noahs Dad

A really good Animal Crossing game is well overdue now, the 3DS ones were excellent for kids (Happy Home Designer in particular), but they came out ages ago. My 9yr old is fast growing up, but I reckon they have 1 more good Animal Crossing game experience left in them.

So have the Tom Nook amiibo + the kids timmy and tommy amiibo. Is there a wife Tammy Nook? or am I imagining I have seen this character? Perhaps so seeing there is no wife amiibo. Maybe Tom Nook is a modern single parent kind of family?

IamMarcoos

A really good Animal Crossing game is well overdue now, the 3DS ones were excellent for kids (Happy Home Designer in particular), but they came out ages ago. My 9yr old is fast growing up, but I reckon they have 1 more good Animal Crossing game experience left in them.

So have the Tom Nook amiibo + the kids timmy and tommy amiibo. Is there a wife Tammy Nook? or am I imagining I have seen this character? Perhaps so seeing there is no wife amiibo. Maybe Tom Nook is a modern single parent kind of family?
Tom don’t need no woman, he’d have to give up 50% of his precious bells if they got divorced.

harpsmatt

Wonder if they'll sell an animal crossing special edition switch for this (I'm pretty sure they will!)

I will have no chance of getting my Switch away from Mrs Sprahts once this comes out so will have to get her her own :facepalm:

Noahs Dad

I suspect there will be cards also. Not amiibo cards, but character kids as seen previously that give you extra challenges to complete in game. Might be best to start putting the £££'s aside now!

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member

They’re his nephews. Tom Nook’s wealthy sister died in a mysterious boating accodent after Gulliver had been on an all-night bender at the camp site. Tom is now looking after their welfare, and trust fund.

The Fuggler

Watched the new video last night. I like the updated visuals. Kids are very excited about it. Roll on March...

Noahs Dad

I don't think it is gonna be hard to improve on that last Wii U crossing game! Obviously being an adult does not interest me. The 3DS Happy Home Designer was an outstanding game, and actually worth purchasing a few cards for, kids really engaged with that 3DS game. There seems to be nothing inbetween with Nintendo with these games, either garbage or brilliance.

Last edited:

DJNomad

The dock and joy-cons are available to buy separately in Japan. No news on a release here though.

JAy3001

The latest bit of information (or game limit) is that only 1 island can be created per console, no matter how many user accounts exist or copies of the game purchased.

Bit of a crap out if you ask me!

NintendoLife

JAy3001

Interesting, I've never played one of these games. But will be purchasing it for my Daughter.

Flashy

Had it on the DS and enjoyed it for a fair while. But with games like this I always seem to reach a point where I suddenly lose interest and then can’t be bothered going back to them. Same thing’s happened with Stardew Valley.

That said, I’ll almost certainly be getting this.

The Fuggler

I can have a second coming on these games. It was the same with Stardew Valley. It’s just pure escapism and a break from hearing my kids talking about Minecraft and Fortnite!!

Atomic77

Animal Crossing was my first game back when I had my DS. I’m sure New Horizons on the Switch will be Uber awesome.

JAy3001

If the game was riddled with IAPs would it put you off? I am old school and have a passionate dislike for IAPs, but sadly many games feature them.

I don't mind paying for DLCs or even episodes, just not IAPs that block progress or mean you have to endlessly grind to make progress without paying.