Angry sunset over Threipmuir Reservoir

allymac123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had been down at the driving range but noticed the conditions were right for a sunset so drove past my house up to some nearby reservoirs. Arrived a bit later than would have been ideal so everything was a bit of a rush.

#1 - This is from a single RAW file that has been pushed to its absolute max as I didn't have time to set up my tripod so wasn't able to bracket. Processed 3 times for highlights and shadows and combined with layer masks. (Come on 40D and 14bit RAW!!)

10mm | 1/13s | F9 | ISO 100

#2 - Tripod now set up so these are my usual combination of 3 bracketed exposures (-2,0,+2) combined with layer masks.

10mm | 1/8s | F9 | ISO 100

14mm| 1/2s | F10 | ISO 100

I had to stop at this point as the midges had been absolutely killing me for the last 10mins and I couldn't hack it anymore!!

C&C welcome

1st one for me too, look's almost photomatix-nised :D

Not sure about No. 3, lovely light, but the composition doesn't work for me with the fence cutting across the frame like it does, but I can see you wanted the moon in there.

Great colours.

It's no 3 for me - I prefer more simple compositions.

We must have been out at the same time :smashin:

Nice shots Ally. I like the first one best. :smashin:

#2 would be my pick but you'd need to paste in the swans from #1 :D

Top stuff as usual.

As ever you've posted some cracking shots again. Love the 1st one with the swans

very nice mate:thumbsup:Those skys mmmmmm:rolleyes: just fab.

No 10stop on these then??I would have been interested to see what a longer shutter speed would have done to that sky

nice job

No.3 is a winner for me :thumbsup:

Great shots Ally, i'm from Balerno originally so i know the reservoirs very well and you've captured their beauty perfectly :thumbsup:

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom