Angry sunset over Threipmuir Reservoir

allymac123

Had been down at the driving range but noticed the conditions were right for a sunset so drove past my house up to some nearby reservoirs. Arrived a bit later than would have been ideal so everything was a bit of a rush.

#1 - This is from a single RAW file that has been pushed to its absolute max as I didn't have time to set up my tripod so wasn't able to bracket. Processed 3 times for highlights and shadows and combined with layer masks. (Come on 40D and 14bit RAW!!)

10mm | 1/13s | F9 | ISO 100

#2 - Tripod now set up so these are my usual combination of 3 bracketed exposures (-2,0,+2) combined with layer masks.

10mm | 1/8s | F9 | ISO 100

14mm| 1/2s | F10 | ISO 100

I had to stop at this point as the midges had been absolutely killing me for the last 10mins and I couldn't hack it anymore!!

C&C welcome

Gizmo 76

1st one for me too, look's almost photomatix-nised :D

Not sure about No. 3, lovely light, but the composition doesn't work for me with the fence cutting across the frame like it does, but I can see you wanted the moon in there.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Great colours.

It's no 3 for me - I prefer more simple compositions.

We must have been out at the same time :smashin:

Beachball

Nice shots Ally. I like the first one best. :smashin:

V

vulkan75

very nice mate:thumbsup:Those skys mmmmmm:rolleyes: just fab.

No 10stop on these then??I would have been interested to see what a longer shutter speed would have done to that sky

nice job

jimborae

No.3 is a winner for me :thumbsup:

mikeycubed

Great shots Ally, i'm from Balerno originally so i know the reservoirs very well and you've captured their beauty perfectly :thumbsup:

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom