angled one end and straight the other

jackteet

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need a 1.4 hdmi cable to connect my tv and laptop. I want one end angled and the other straight. I simply don`t know whether there is such a cable. A look on google hasn`t helped. I appreciate that this may well be a very stupid question for which I apologies. Thanks

if you are unable to find an actual cable to your spec, simply buy an angled female to male hdmi adapter, i have used them for years behind a tv that was very close to the wall and has been perfect.

Ignore any HDMI version number labelling or marketing – especially re cables, means nothing.

HDMI :: Consumers :: Buying Guide

Look for a High Speed cable and as Quaddy says you can go for a cable with an angled head at one end (ensure you get the angle the correct way around for your system,), a ‘Swivel’ head or add an Adapter to any cable.

HDMI Adapter

With a laptop I’d always be tempted to go with a short ‘port’ saver adapter cable on the end of a High Speed cable as they tend to be quite flexible and potentially put less stress on the Laptop HDMI socket.

Joe

I don't know about the quality of any of them but there are loads of manufacturers doing the sort of cables that you're looking for. I'm shopping for one in another tab in my browser right. Here are a couple that I'm looking at but haven't bought yet:

dt7 1M HDMI to HDMI Right Angle Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Originally I was looking for exactly your spec (angled one end and straight at the other) but the one that I've got in my cart at the moment for maximum flexibility is this one:

Aptii HDMI v1.4 Gold Cable Rotate & Swivel Right Angle: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I came here before buying to do a quick search and see if there was any discussions of these swivel-headed cables before placing my order which is why I'm here right now.

I'm only looking for short ones but some of these come in longer lengths.

All I did was go to amazon.co.uk and search for right angle hdmi cable and I got loads of results.

- Julian

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi Guys, Thank you all very much for the detailed info and links which have been very helpful. One of the things I love about this forum is that idiots like me can ask silly questions and no one critisises. Thanks again jack.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom