angels in america

I only know of it because of the Globes.

I am quite looking forward to it

i only because of the adverts on tv hope it lives up to hype
its 2 parts 3 hours long.

hopefully my sky+ will be fitted on sunday so i can record the 2nd one if it drags on a bit.

well my sky+ decided it didn't fancy this one and didn't start to record it the ****ing bastard

I only noticed 30min in

I am positive when it was advertised it claimed it was going to be repeated all week on E4

there is no sign of it on digiguide any ideas?

I thought it said repeated all week on film four not E4 ?

What the hell was it all about?!?! Not sure I fancy another 3 hours tomorrow night?

Watched the first hour and couldn't get on with it:( though I did tape the other two hours so I could watch the rest if someone recomends it.

I watched the first 90 minutes then totally gave up on it, i found it self indulgent and full of itself.

did not settle in to it. so watched the boxing on sky sports instead.

think i was mentally put off when i found out it was 3 hours long

I missed the first hour as I was watching CSI Miami then I realised it was on but despite ringing someone (during the adverts) I knew was going to watch it and getting a résumé of what had gone on I could not get into it.

i found out it was on film 4 last night so I have got that for a month

I hope it is not 7 quid down the tube

a tip on how to free up 30% of your Sky+ hard drive.......delete this cr*p without watching it.

A case of the 'Emperor has no clothes'.

Pretentious, dull, preachy, agenda driven......over populated by the directors British luvvies....

I have just cancelled the series link for part 2.

maybe my sky+ box was looking after me, bless.

I hope this isn't the globes doing another

hollywood cast = awards (we don't care if it's ****)

HI,

Okay, two things:
1) The show is being repeated all this week, in one hour chapters, each night on Film Four Weekly, between 8 and 9pm, starting tonight - Monday 9th Feb through to Friday 13th. This will be your last chance to catch the show for a while. It's not likely to be cut, but the timeslot is certainly iffy, as there is some controversial material, which seems at odds with the scheduled time slot on a pay satellite TV channel. (It would almost definitely get an 18 by the BBFC!)

2) I watched the entire 6.5 hours of this show, and I would like the opportunity to now offer my comments.

Firstly, this show will divide people: you'll either like it or hate it! However, you are unlikely to love it. Like many of you, the first hour was very tough going, and self-indulgent, but after watching the entire mini-series, I found it to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I have not seen any show or film quite like this. It's not easy to categorise, because by the end of the entire saga, it could be labelled as a drama about the Holocaust; a quasi-religious drama; an AIDS story and/or a fantasy story. It's only once you have sat through the entire thing, that the story works, and begins to sift through your brain.

This was not simple, easy TV. It's dialogue-heavy, and there's not much of a plot, per se, and the narrative is quite complex. However, if you simply just sit down and watch it, then I would like to hope that for the more intelligent and discerning viewers out there, that the show will work for you.

If you're looking for something nice, easy and fluffy to watch, forget about it, as this is not for you!

Once you get through the story, and work out who's who, and how everyone is related, the show did work - at least for me. There are elements of "The Last Temptation Of Christ", "Schindler's List" and "Philadelphia" in it. I won't elaborate any further, only because I don't want to ruin it for those of you still hoping to watch it.

However, please give it a go. This is definitely the most unusal, non-linear story I've seen in a long, long time, and made "Lord Of The Rings" seem like "Play School" to follow. Like I said, if you want something different and daring, this is worthwhile. Just try not to think about things, whilst you watch it. Let the show take you through its chosen path, and accept things as it feels fit to tell you. Then, once it all ends, you can meditate on it, and that's when the beauty and wonder of the narrative will pay off.

Pooch

Pooch,

I tried the first half on Saturday night and it just didn't offer enough to pull me back on Sunday night. I couldn't get into the characters, and there really wasn't anything of a story that had me hooked! I mean by the end of 3 hours on Saturday night nothing had really happened that gave you that "I have to see how this ends" feeling.

Unfortunately I didn't record part 2 last night so I can't comment on how it all fits together, but another 3 hours of it just didn't appeal.

Glad you enjoyed it though

Donnacha,

I think part of the point, was that this series wasn't actually meant to be plot-driven. It was more (in my opinion) of a meditation on a specific issue, e.g. AIDS and the Reagan-era, circa 1985.

However, everyone will interpret it differently, and some will not bother with the second half. Each to their own. But I appreciate your kind comment. :)

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom