1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angel What A Surprise

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, May 2, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    By the cringe I never thought that would happen on Angel tonight. :eek:
    This has to beat the other surprise. I wont mention what happened just in case some one taped it, and has not watched it.
    This series is beating Buffy hands down.

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Yet to watch it, but if whatever happened tonight shocks you then you better get prepared for the final two episodes !!!

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    I hope Angel keeps up not having cliff-hangers series endings. As to tonight’s something happened and I cannot see how it could have an happy outcome. Mind you the green guy had his head chopped off and he survived so!

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,325
    Oh "that"happened tonight did it ?

Well there is an outcome but not sure if it can be called happy !

As for the cliffhanger ending, well perhaps you should stop watching now

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    All I can say, I hope Angel gets the bitch.

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Totally agree Garrett, Angel is trouncing Buffy. But then I think Buffy has paled for sometime, with just the odd decent ep. Buffy is using the sex scenes too much to compensate - never thought I'd say that!
    I was always of the opinion that if vampires have such strength it should be a case of them easily whipping humans, something neither show has been able to run properly with for obvious reasons. But tonight it was excellant to see Angel as powerful as one would expect him to have been in the day, all filled up with premium and ripping up a devil of a storm. Someone nearly spoiled the scene in the park for me a while back with a carelessly deployed spoiler, but fortunately I forgot after ECT therapy! All some people seem to beleive of late is that a spoiler = debate on some forums. Bloody annoying when you get tripped up.
    Lyla is a real love hate character. It'll be interesting to see what happens, if anything.

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Buffy has been a bit hit and miss this season. Good eps being outstanding and others just sort of average but the last two have been great/ I loved last weeks and thought it pretty superb. This weeks is also one I'l watch again a few times I'm sure.

As always with both these shows they are building up to great climax episodes. Next couple of weeks are going to be unmissable.

Gordon

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    By the way I didn’t mean Lyla for Angel to get if that’s what you thought I meant, I meant the one with the black eye. I think Lyla is a good antagonist.:)
    As for Buffy, Buffy and Xander spurn their partners then get all upset when the end up in each others arms MMMM.

9. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think there have been some very good episodes in Buffy this series but it is no way as good as series 5 with Glory. But were could Joss Whedon go with Buffy after she had defeated a God, introduce another baddy for this series, it probably would have got a bit boring and we would still be moaning. I think they have taken a very brave path with Buffy with the big bad just being life and the way it is screwing up the scooby gang.

As for Angel this series is superb, I did not think much of series one and series two was OK, but this one is getting better and better by the episode. Both series look like they are building up to really good endings it is just a shame I go on holiday for two weeks a week Monday - DOH!

10. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    I have to say the last series of Buffy was the probably the best although the one before was not far off. But what I thought was silly was In one single episode she met and defeated Dracula, they could have had a full series on Buffy Vs Dracula.

11. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not matter what season 2 will always be the one to beat.

12. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,207
    Angel sucks the blood out of your body, with its great stories.

Hi,

Just watched last nights recording 'Sleep Tight' i think it was titled, the one where Wesley kidnapps Connor, and the rest!!...., Just amazing, it was so cool and tense, its the best thing on tv in my opinon. I love the shows when angels past is show in different centuries.

Yes best than buffy. The characters are excellent from the past to present; drusila, wesley, angel, darla, evil bitch who works for the evil company, cordy (oh yes cordie!), green horny head. Gun and his girl are a bit weak at present. I never like wesley, but like cordy, he too has grown in character.

The problem with buffy, there has been a lack of a central vampire evil character for a long time, and too much nerdy villians, like the 3 boys (jonathon, etc), and also too much silly monsters. But it still great to watch, I'm getting a little bored with the buffy and spike relationship, hope this weeks show put a end to that.

Both shows are realistic, as theres never any police around the streets, just like the real world!!!!......, well makes sense, would you go out, with vampires and monsters on the prowl ?.

Rather than a buffy movie, i would like to see angel on the big screen.

regards

rai

13. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think they are both pretty good at the moment and have taken different approaches. Buffy seems to have gone more towards slight comical storylines.

Having watched upto episode 19 of both series' and both ending on cliff hangers i hate having to wait a couple of weeks to find the outcome.

14. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    Two weeks! in the UK that Six months.

15. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not unless you have a binary newsgroup feed ;)